Thread: Thul feqar

Thul feqar

hi again,

sorry about the obscure title, but i wonder if anyone have a solid theory about this famous sword? i have been reading about it and all point that the current double pointed sword image of Thul feqar is.. wrong. the name literaly means the spined, the books i have been reading says that it had been made of 18 pieces or "spine pieces" which also means that either the documents are wrong or both the imaginary and the blade in topkapi are not original.

mhmm i wonder.

anyone else interested in the subject?

Hello,

Could you post a source for the "18 pieces" info? This brings to mind some Indian tulwars whose blades are made from forge welding pieces of wootz or pattern-welded steel together. The pieces are chevron-shaped, sort of like spine vertebrae and the blades may include upwards of 20 pieces.
    See attached pics from Oriental-Arms.

Thoughts?

Emanuel
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Always check your assumptions...there are no contradictions.
    Get some real news...
    www.informationclearinghouse.info
    www.counterpunch.org
    http://globalresearch.ca

Hi,
    is it the Dhulfaghar/Zolfaghar?

Thanks
    Last edited by Rahil A.; 04-06-2010 at 12:37 PM.

hello!

its pronounced Thul Feqar.. Zolfeqar is the way an egyptian would pronounce it. also yes, its the famous blade of Imam ali.

the info is quiet common in many things that mentions the sword, i can get links but most are in arabic so not sure how that would help. and books... well its the same thing as the info mentioned online, those who talk about it seems to copy pasted the text from such books.

will try to find something about it in english or try to translate (which may fail horribly)

yours,
    A.alnakkas