Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lexicon of Arms and Armor from Iran: A Study of Symbols and Terminoloy is published

Thank you very much Mark, I really appreciate it.

My next article is just released:

-Moshtagh Khorasani, Manouchehr (2011f). By My Armour. Classic Arms and Militaria, Volume XVIII, Issue 4, August/Sept. 2011, pp.26-30.

The Autrian military history magazine has published the review of my book Lexicon of Arms and Armor from Iran:

http://dr.mmkhorasani.com/2011/09/re...-arms-and.html

My new article is published in the peer review journal of the University of Kerman. The article deals with the classification of crucible steel

-Moshtagh Khorasani, Manouchehr (2011h). Tabaqebandi-ye Fulad-de Johardar bar Asas-e Noskheha-ye Xatti (Classification of Persian Watered Steel on the Basis of Old Manuscripts). Journal of the Iranian Studies. Faculty of Literature and Humanities. Shahid Bahonar University of Kerman. Volume 9, Number 18, Autumn 2010, pp. 243-281.

My review of the book "Shadows in the Desert: Ancient Persia at War" by Dr. Kaveh Farrokh is published in Italy in the peer review journal Quarderni Asiatici :

-Moshtagh Khorasani(2011i). Recensioni Libri (Shadows in the Desert: Ancient Persia at War). Quarderni Asiatici 95, n. 95 - Settembre 2011, pp. 105-119.

http://mmkhorasani.com/5.html

Kind regards
    Manouchehr

I am really happy to announce the publication of Mr. Arun Singh from SOAS, London and my article published in the academic journal "Quaderni Asiatici" in Italy as:

-Singh, Arun and Manouchehr Moshtagh Khorasani (2011j). An Analysis of Qur'anic Inscriptions on Safavid, Afsharid, Zand and Qajar Period Iranian Arms and Armour. Quarderni Asiatici 96, n. 96 - Dicembre 2011, pp. 129-162.

Kind regards
    Manouchehr

I was just informed by Dr. Dennis Toichkin that my first book "Arms and Armor from Iran: The Bronze Age to the End of the Qajar Period" was reviewed in annual collection of scientific papers of the Institute of History of Ukraine of National Academy of Sience of Ukraine:
    "Historical-Geographical researches in Ukraine" - 2008. - N 11. - pp. 314-341.

This is the most detailed and the longest review of my book in a print medium (academic and professional):

http://dr.mmkhorasani.com/2012/01/i-...med-by-dr.html

am really happy to announce that my article

Linguistic Terms Describing Different Types of Armour in Persian Manuscripts, GLADIUS: Estudios sobre armas antiguas, arte militar y vida cultural en oriente y occidente, XXXI (2011), pp. 149-188

has been published in the peer-review academic journal Gladius from the University of Madrid.
    This journal is one of the best academic journals in this field.

Kind regards
    Manouchehr

I would lik to thank my researchre friend from SOAS Mr Arun Singh for writing the article on the floral design on Persian arms and armor with me:

- Moshtagh Khorasani, Manouchehr et Arun Singh (2012a). La Signification des Motifs à Fleurs sur les Armes et Armures iraniennes, La Revue de Téhéran. Mensuel Culturel Iranien en Langue Francaise. N. 75, Février 2012, 7e Annee, pp. 54-69.

I would like to thank my researcher friend from SOAS Mr Arun Singh for writing the article on the floral design on Persian arms and armor with me:

- Moshtagh Khorasani, Manouchehr et Arun Singh (2012a). La Signification des Motifs à Fleurs sur les Armes et Armures iraniennes, La Revue de Téhéran. Mensuel Culturel Iranien en Langue Francaise. N. 75, Février 2012, 7e Annee, pp. 54-69.

I am happy to announce the publication of our new article "Jāme al-Hadāyat Fi Elm al-Romāyat [Complete Guide Concerning the Science of Archery]" in the Italian peer-review journal Quarderni Asiatici. The text analyzes the famed Safavid-period manuscript on archery. This is the first time that this detailed and wonderful Persian manual on Persian archery is presented to the world. I would like to thank my fellow researcher and above all friend, who has written and penned this article with me. Our article details:

-Dwyer, Bede and Manouchehr Moshtagh Khorasani (2012b). Jāme al-Hadāyat Fi Elm al-Romāyat [Complete Guide Concerning the Science of Archery]. Quarderni Asiatici 97, n. 97 - Marzo 2012, pp. 45-60.

Yesterday was a rewarding day in my life. My fifth book "Persian Archery and Swordsmanship: Traditional Martial Arts of Iran" was printed in Germany and I received my print article titled "Straight Swords in Iran: A Continuing Tradition (A perzs pallos: egy töretln hagyomány)" which I wrote together with the Iranian Studies expert Dr. Iván Szántó in the exhibition catalog for the exhibition Persian Treasures - Hungarian Collections (Perzsa Kincsk - Magyar Gyüjtemények) that would be taking place in Völgységi Múzeum in Bonyhad from October 18, 2012 to March 31, 2013. This article reached the number one hundred in my publcation list of print articles.

My article "Les campagnes militaires de Shâh ’Abbâs Ier pour la libération de l’Azerbaïdjan" (The Military Campaigns of Shah Abbas for the Liberation of Azarbaijan) which was published in the print magazine "La Revue d Teheran" is also available online now:

http://www.teheran.ir/spip.php?article1667

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12