Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shamshir sward signature translate needed

Rahil A. I APPRECIATE SO MUCH 4 YOUR DILIGENCE.
    WITH YOUR PERMISION I WILL SEND YOUR POST 2 MY FRIENDS (THEY ALSO ARE TRAING 2 DESHIPHER THE TEXT).
    IN 2 DEYIES I PUT BETTER (CLOSER ) PICTURES.NOW I'M OUT OF HOME

K.SANDRO
    Your welcome. Surely, I`ll be delighted if my post could be helpful.
    Will be waiting for closer pics. Don`t know how much I can read but I will try to find out more about the inscriptions.

Good luck
    Rahil

hello Rahil A.
    I'M GET ONE RESPOND 4 YOUR POST.MAYBE IT WILL INTERESTING 4 U
    "Those are the words I could make out. I think the word علی is more likely to be Alaa' as in upon, rather than Ali ibn Talib, because there aren't any dots underneath the ی. In the photo http://www.swordforum.com/forums/att...7&d=1284983220, the first word seems to be something like لمثلتكا, though I couldn't get a translation from Google Translate "

Hello,
    Thanks for the reply
    Yes, regarding the word علی I agree that it could be read in two ways, alaa or Ali, and I agree that it could be alaa.
    and لمثلتکا it is exactly what I was thinking BUT I couldn`t find any arabic(meaninmgful) words for it. So I resisted to suggest it as there seem to be something else.
    Good that the interpretations are simillar. If we could gain help from Arabic speakers it would be great...

Regards
    Rahil
    Last edited by Rahil A.; 10-17-2010 at 03:22 PM.

Hello K.SANDRO,
    Many thanks for sending more/better pictures! I will be informing you if I could find more words or any useful information regarding the inscriptions and pictures.

Regards
    Rahil

Tenks 2 u 4 your diligence!
    Waiting 4 good news and some results

HELLO Rahil A. !
    SORRY 4 MY IMPATIENS
    I'D L IKE DIRECT YOUR ATTENTION T0 RED MARKED PART OF THE SWARD,BECAUSE ONE MUSEUM EXPERT TELL ME TODAY,THAT CAN READ THERE DATE 1264...
    WHAT U THINK ABOUT,PLS?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by K.SANDRO; 11-04-2010 at 02:00 PM.

I don't see a "6", I think it is 125... last number might be a "9" or "2". Here are the Arabic numerals so you can identify the date yourself:

Kep in mind,Arabic numerals are read from left to right, unlike Arabic alphabet which is read from right to left.

For translating Hicri dates to European calender: multiply the date with 0.97 and add 622 (Date X 0.97 + 632)
    "The relationship between West(Occident) and East(Orient) is indeed an example of a relationship of power and domination. Orientalism is thus a style of thought based upon an ontological and epistemological distinction made between the Orient and the Occident. It is a Western style of dominating, restructuring and building hegemony over the Orient.İt is an accepted grid for filtering through the Orient into Western consciousness, into the general culture."
    From "Orientalism" by Edward Said

Sancar Ozer thanks 4 respond!
    One friend from Lebanon also c there 1254-١٢٥۴,but he thinks this is wrong side...
    and should keep sward up-down.
    and than appear words التفه or التغه (al tufh) and before it و عبد (va 'abd)
    SO,DISCLOSURE OF SWARD-ENIGMA STILL UNDER QUESTION

p.s. this 4 U http://www.islamicfinder.org/dateConversion.php

Hi K.SANDRO,

Sorry for the late response!
    Hope that its not too late to answer your question!
    In my oppinion there is No Date written there!there is a word with some dots there...

As your Lebanese friend said, this pic is upside down! therefore reading it from this position is wrong cause this way it looks like numbers but certainly it is not!
    If you rotate the picture you`ll see the inscription, and on that square mark, you`ll find a word.
    The word is: الثقه which means: Confidence

Hope it helps

Regards
    Rahil
    Last edited by Rahil A.; 11-11-2010 at 04:41 PM.

HI Rahil A.!
    THANKS 4 RESPONSE!
    PROBLEM IS THAT,EVEN WITH TRANSLATED FEW WORDS,CAN'T UNDERSTAND FULL TEXT AND MEANING AT ALL...
    AND WITHOUT THIS NOBODY WANTS 2 EVALUATE SWARD.
    SO COMPLICATED EVERYTHING 4 ME EVEN NOT CLEAR : IT IS ARABIC , PERSIAN OR Ottoman Turkey's WRITING...
    REGARDS
    SANDRO
    P.S. CAN U TELL ME WHERE R U FROM? I MEAN LOCATION

Hi SANDRO,

Just answering the easy part!
    I`ll try to find a good answer for those questions that puzzeled you.

I am IRANIAN

Regards
    Rahil

Hi rahil!

Huge respect!

In my city batumi just few days ago opened(restored after 87 years) consulate of iran
    sandro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12