Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Heard From RDSA Lately?

Anyone Heard From RDSA Lately?

I've got a katana on order from red dragonfly sword art that should be done now. Ive been trying to get ahold of Jason for almost two months now with no response. Has anyone that has an order with them heard from Jason recently? I know he's busy going back and forth to Japan, but this is a very long time to have not heard from him. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.
    "We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time."
    - T.S. Eliot

"As everything in the world is but a sham,
    The only sincerity is death." - from the 10th chapter of the Hagakure

I also have a sword on order and have bot heard from him in quite a while as well. He does not respond to my emails either.

A few months ago I demamded a response and threatened to contact paypal for refund. That, he responded to saying that he was waiting for seppa from Japan. I am sure this is not the case as I have been able to order seppa from yamato and the arrived very quickly.

I don't think he's going to rip me off. I do think that there is a serious backlog and things are slow.

Well I did finally hear from Jason. Said he's been very busy and having probs with worker communication so he's going to be in the shop every day working on orders. It was good to hear from him. All I want is my katana the way I ordered it, and to be kept in contact with about the progress. I just hope the yokote comes out looking good.
    "We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time."
    - T.S. Eliot

"As everything in the world is but a sham,
    The only sincerity is death." - from the 10th chapter of the Hagakure

I also have a sword on order with RDS - they received my payment on May 15th, and at the time, Jason told me it would take 30 - 35 days to make and ship the sword. It has minor customizations - tsuka ito and saya from a different model, and a shortened tsuka, but nothing that should be taking this long. I emailed him a while ago, and he responded very quickly (the next day) and gave me the same answer - waiting for seppa from Japan - but this was on August 25, over a month ago - I was planning on sending him another email tomorrow to see what the hold up was. I agree with J MacDonald - I don't believe he is trying to rip us off, and probably has quite a backlog of orders - he indicated to me that he had many swords ready, just waiting for the seppa, and I trust that I will eventually receive my sword, but the waiting is killing me!
    Perfection is an unattainable goal, but it is a worthwhile pursuit that can affect all aspects of your life...

This. He'll come through, it may just be awhile.

I heard from Jason yesterday. I have a feeling he has seen this post which caused him to act.

Anyway, he said that my sword is finished and will be sending me some pictures befor shipping...

Hey All,

Good news for those wondering about Jason... I got an email from him this morning informing me that my sword was done, accompanied by 10 pictures of the sword... I know it is actually my sword and not generic pictures of a stock item, because it is made using the fittings, tsuka ito, and saya that I requested. He says he will be shipping by FedEx tomorrow, and that I should receive it some time next week, probably before the weekend. It took considerably longer than he originally told me it would, but, I guess anything worth having, is worth waiting for... keeping my fingers crossed!
    Perfection is an unattainable goal, but it is a worthwhile pursuit that can affect all aspects of your life...

I had serious troubles with communication with him too.
    But I got my sword today. It's still in the box. I'd love to take it out and take a look at it but I'm at work.

Please share with us once you got the time to take a few pics.

thank you & enjoy

will do

i'm also trying to contact them but no reply... wonder what is going on..

I'm guessing he's very busy playing catch up - I count 3 swords (including mine) that have been finished and delivered just this month alone (on just this forum)... be patient... every time I'd emailed him, he'd always replied within a day, except for the last 2 messages I sent him... never got replies to them. Then, suddenly I got an email from him telling me my sword was ready to be shipped, and he sent me 10 pictures. The sword was shipped FedEx Priority on a Friday, and I received it before 10am on Monday.

The saya leaves a bit to be desired... a bit loose, but I can fix that - the sword was his bottom line 1095 sword, so the quality (or lack of) of the saya did not come as a surprise... looks nice, but the fit is poor.

The sword came out beautifully... tsuka ito is tight as a drum, and the blade mounting is rock solid. The weight and balance are awesome for a blade that will be in constant iaido use... great balance, not too heavy for hours of swinging, but not too light.

A great entry level sword, but I may decide to have a new saya made for it in the future.

Old topic I know, but how long has everyone had to wait from ordering their katana to actually receiving it?
    I first spoke to Jason 2 months ago and he suggested it would take about 2 weeks to make the sword. Fine, I thought, and sent my monies, and haven't heard from him since.
    Reading here it seems this is the norm. I'm really not comfortable at all with that! Does anyone have a contact phone number for Jason or anything other than email??

I bought a folded and forged blade from Jason in Jan. He was great on the email, and kept me informed on everything. However, after getting the blade, and cleaning it. There was some marks on the blade from shipping. The blade wasnt wrapped before shipping as i have seem him do in the past. The saya was lose, and i belive this is what make the marks during shipping. I emailed him about this, and no replys. The polish was super nice, thats why i wished he would have protected the blade better before shipping. Ron

Hi Ronn,

Welcome aboard

Sometimes just buffing with a cloth will rub out scuffs like that. Lightly with something a little abrasive such as Noxon or even a gum eraser will blend out the scuff. Pencil and then the harsher ink pen erasers are grades above the gummy block types. Post pictures if you can. I know they can be hard to show and maybe that is as least annoying in just letting them be rather than figure there is a truly economical way to resolve such a peeve.

Cheers

Hotspur; I generally don't notice the little stuff when using swords but I can appreciate concerns for minor or even major blemishes

Thanks Glen for the help. I will just leave the marks be. I know in time, marks will show up as you handle the blade. This is a great forum, i have learned alot here from all the great posts. Ron

I ordered a sword on October 20, 2010. I have sent three emails already inquiring about the estimate time of completion and received no response. I wasn't even rushing Jason at RDSA, I completely understand that custom sword require time to finish. I just want to know an estimate.

I am a bit concern now because I am about to deploy in May and have to terminate my lease. So if he send it to the address I am currently at, I will not be there to receive it.

I just want a confirmation that he received my email, give me a estimate for time of completion. And if I happen to be overseas, I want to be able to give the address of my parent where he could send the sword to.

Before anyone jumping on me for ordering a sword knowing I would deploy. No, I did not know. I received the notification after I placed the order.

Quote Originally Posted by M. Phan View Post
    I ordered a sword on October 20, 2010. I have sent three emails already inquiring about the estimate time of completion and received no response. I wasn't even rushing Jason at RDSA, I completely understand that custom sword require time to finish. I just want to know an estimate.

I am a bit concern now because I am about to deploy in May and have to terminate my lease. So if he send it to the address I am currently at, I will not be there to receive it.

I just want a confirmation that he received my email, give me a estimate for time of completion. And if I happen to be overseas, I want to be able to give the address of my parent where he could send the sword to.

Before anyone jumping on me for ordering a sword knowing I would deploy. No, I did not know. I received the notification after I placed the order.
    Thanks for serving and I hope your work abroad is safe to see your return.

As you may have noticed, direct communication with others involved may be more fruitful than expecting your notice here is heard by the source you are dealing with. At best, you might read here of someone else that might have received a sword or is still waiting. What does that accomplish though? We are not a claims department or customer service outlet for any and all sellers/producers. These threads really do not amount to anything but notes pinned to a tumbleweed. If the intent is to at simply antagonize the producer to reply, it is really bad form on this board.

I must now act in a somewhat redundant manner and quote administration

The natural progression of allowing a forumite/customer post an accusation against a polisher, maker, dealer, retailer, etc. (I'll refer to such as "Seller" - be they selling a product or a service) is that the accused will want to share their side of the story. When the post is made, it's usually because of communication breakdown between the two.

Sometimes the customer has no recourse but to bring public pressure. At times, I've seen unreasonable customers try to manipulate public sentiment to force the Seller into an unfair action path.

What ends up happening is a massive "he said, she said" avalanche of e-mails, PMs, etc. that forces everyone to go through an overwhelming amount of information which is proportionate to the anger and frustration - which almost always leads causes SFI's trademark "warm and friendly" atmosphere to change.

This drags Moderators through mud and minutiae unnecessarily, even though SFI's policies is that we do not arbitrate, PERIOD. We simply do not have the manpower bandwidth for it. Further, arbitration unnecessarily duplicates already-available services out there.

People should give consideration to the Better Business Bureau's Dispute Resolution Services.

Now another thing that comes to mind is that if any forumite wants to volunteer moderating a blog (e.g. www.blogger.com) and will allow both sides to express and resolve the issue, then we're okay with linking to the blog. By linking, we are not endorsing either side; the act of linking is impartial and non-judgmental. What we will draw the line on is if argumentation spills over to SFI in a way that violates the Code of Conduct.

Also pasted from an earlier thread from my notes.

I want to make it clear that although this discussion has not yet reached nuclear melt down proportion, one of the most simple suggestions that has a lot of merit is for those involved to communicate with each other off this board and to your hearts content and in any manner you see fit. I will add that the seller's local district attorney is a better route to pursue than the BB phone lines.

I have more recent and direct instructions from now owner and administrator Mark McMorrow. He will be a lot less tolerant than me and other moderators. It will be very succinct ruling on this. mark@swordforum.com

Two search terms here would be helpful for some. Wait and waiting. Contact Maurice, as he initiated another thread already as informed as it might be. After all, Maurice worked with ASA and Gus swords, I'm sure he could offer you a long, long story as an aside. Contact anyone else that ever bought from the source. These threads are not the location to have the conversation. Take it off the board.

Regarding a delivery while you are away, the best you might manage is to have it delivered to a friend or family member. That is if you have paid it all up front. If you have paid nothing up front, you may be in pretty good shape and the sword would simply be returned as undeliverable.

Cheers

Hotspur; there are lots of caveat threads as well. I wish that could somehow help your situation now

I am sorry to cause any problem. If you think I violate any policy by posting, I am more than happy to delete it. I am just placing some hope that Jason read this post and contact me. I am confident that he will not cheat me, that I will receive the sword eventually. I am just a bit frustrated at the lack of communication.

It seems that many other people were also frustrated with communication, but at the end they seem to have received their swords and were happy with the products. Due to my impending deployment, I just want to speed up the communication process. Otherwise, I would have waited patiently. This is more of attempting at alternative communication and less of a complain. Who know? Maybe there is something wrong with his email.

If he just let me know that he received my parent's address and will deliver it there, whenever that may be, I will be happy.
    Last edited by M. Phan; 03-22-2011 at 06:08 PM.

I am sorry to cause any problem. If you think I violate any policy by posting, I am more than happy to delete it. I am just placing some hope that Jason read this post and contact me. I am confident that he will not cheat me, that I will receive the sword eventually. I am just a bit frustrated at the lack of communication.

It seems that many other people were also frustrated with communication, but at the end they seem to have received their swords and were happy with the products. Due to my impending deployment, I just want to speed up the communication process. Otherwise, I would have waited patiently. This is more of attempting at alternative communication and less of a complain. Who know? Maybe there is something wrong with his email.

If he just let me know that he received my parent's address and will deliver it there, whenever that may be, I will be happy.
    Hi M.

Just in case he doesn't get the address change why not consider redirecting any mail for yourself to your parents house? A more logical idea and you can still get on his case VIA email from wherever you're deployed to.

Cheers,

I'm honestly not sure what I'm missing here. RDSA has a web presence and shows the site being updated, along with a login for checking accounts and a plainly listed email address.

Not to offer what may seem unwelcome hindsight but having better information for voice contact and mailing addresses for people doing business of any kind can often resolve or aid just about any internet transaction.

Also what seems to be missing is a regard that this venue is for some reason the default communication center for many, many producers and suppliers. I will reiterate that Kaneie was booted from the premises here and as far as I know, Jason has never posted here. To then continually use this board as a middleman for Jason's and Kaneie's business is to take undue advantage and allowances. "Well, it's ok for me to ping the issues because someone else did" Nonsense in my book and bad form as mentioned previously. That is not to say that I don't empathize with a situation but I can surely disagree with the way many go about an issue. This is not just my feeling as a moderator on this board.

We do not have a manufacturer or vendor section here at SFI and for very good reasoning by both past and present administrators.

FWIW which isn't much help but keep these things in mind. Another was posting regarding his wait as threatening and deliberately hoping his actions here would prompt a response by Jason. More than a few have been ejected for their persistences (look at the Guertin days and moderators in the past). Then to offer a request for contact and information (no matter how innocently it may have been approached) is a bit if beating a dead horse and serves no purpose than causing potential public distress.

This weeks inquest could easily have been a stand alone "what can I do in this situation" without the plea of "I hope if I tag this to a previous thread as alerting Jason, he will act". A reason to do so and then link to previous conversations is to possibly remove oneself from the mob mentality.

Cheers

Hotspur; the mob meetings especially are to be done and dealt with off the boards proper

I will delete my posts.

PS: For some reasons, the edit button disappear from in my last two posts. I could not delete them. Please delete them for me. Thanks.

I will delete my posts.

PS: For some reasons, the edit button disappear from in my last two posts. I could not delete them. Please delete them for me. Thanks.
    Posts can only be edited for a short period. You posts will stand as they are unless edited within 24hrs. Posts can only be deleted/trashed by moderators, administrators, etc. As your post had been quoted, it would also entail deleting yet more posts. Your rebuttal that stands to my reply imply underlines a possibly flawed agenda/process in postiing to this thread to begin with.

Again, thanks for your service and I hope your deployment goes well.

Neither of the recent threads have been closed or trashed entirely and I do empathize with the situations. Rather than hindsight, I am hoping more can look to foresight when approaching both purchases/commissions and resolving any issues.

Thanks once more for your considerations. Perhaps think inquiries through and even contact a moderator if unsure how to approach a matter.

Glen
    Last edited by Glen C.; 03-23-2011 at 07:22 PM.

I'd like to also reiterate my own stand and feelings about the past, present and future of SFI. While I only joined the squad here in Sept 2007, I have been around these boards (back to the Highlander board) and I have seen a lot of virtual internet carnage amongst administrators, moderators, vendors, producers, makers and the posters at large. I have tried to be as understanding, open and allowable regarding posters allowances as I can be within the bounds of the rules. Too many (and I don't mean M Phan's participation/situation exactly as a problem but an opportunity for all to grow) take advantage of the truly fairly lax atmosphere here. As busy and free as some boards are, SFI kind of lands in the middle of permissions and maybe that's why folk might push instead of simply asking.

I really don't mean to stand on a soap box or at a pulpit and preach but as feudal as this particular society on the net is, there is decorum and common sense that can be learned here to avoid problems.

Thanks for reading.

Glen

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast