Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 'Good Chaps List' - SFI members 'Mentioned in Dispatches'

Thumbs up 'Good Chaps List' - SFI members 'Mentioned in Dispatches'

This is a thread where you can say a nice word for a member of SFI who you have had a pleasant transaction with through this Classifieds sub-forum....

Disclaimer: This is a list of people I personally have dealt with sucessfully through the Antique Classifieds Section (who are SFI members). It is a private recommendation only and 'without prejudice'.

NB: They are not being endorsed in any way by 'Sword Forum International'.

Also, remember it is only common sense that you should:-

a)Deal with forum members with a reasonable number of posts, whilst this is no absolute guarantee, most members value their good reputation here, and,
    b)always require an item to be sent registered (signed for) and insured Post....to cover both parties in the deal as far as possible.

To start the ball rolling:-

I have bought various items such as swords, knives & scabbards off these members, and was happy with the transaction:-

1) W. Branner;
    2) Christopher JG Scott;
    3) Fernando Viana;
    4) Martin R John;
    5) Dominic Grant;
    6) Andre Ducote;
    7) William.M;
    8) Adam Hart;

and a special 'Mentioned in Dispatches' goes to

8) Ian Knight (who I fear is going to keep my bank account balance in the red )

Cheers and thanks chaps !

Peter Walker
    Last edited by Peter Walker; 11-19-2010 at 01:45 PM.
    "Shoot straight you bastards and don't make a mess of it !"
    Lt. Harry 'Breaker' Morant, Bushveldt Carbineers, Australian soldier, poet & national hero, excecuted by firing squad, Boer War, 1902.

Well, I can add a positive endorsement for Christopher Scott

Just received a very good condition Wilkinson Mountain Artillery Sword which I purchased from him through SFI.

Richie

great idea Peter, and thanks for sticking my name in there...

i havent done a great deal of buisness through the classifieds here, however I can add a thumbs up to William M who i did a swop deal with a while back and who was a pleasure to deal with.

I believe i picked up a kukri from Simon Hengle a long time ago. Again was a hassle free transaction.

I would also like to mention (again) Ian Knight. I have just completed my 6th purchase and will continue buying from him. Easily approachable and a pleasure doing business with him.
    Especially when he is in the UK and I am in Australia......and even though the "Poms" snuck in a draw in the first test.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Rodgers View Post
    I would also like to mention (again) Ian Knight. I have just completed my 6th purchase and will continue buying from him. Easily approachable and a pleasure doing business with him.
    Especially when he is in the UK and I am in Australia......and even though the "Poms" snuck in a draw in the first test.
    Thanks very much Cam. You are a pleasure to deal with.

Ian

thanks for the naming, I stopped using classified here whilst waiting For Mr Mcmorrow to finish a dealers section, so I sell atm through my own website

however I do still buy through the clasifieds here

“Do you know what astonished me most in the world? The inability of force to create anything. In the long run, the sword is always beaten by the spirit.” Napoleon Bonaparte

I have had several exchanges with Jon Palombi who is consistently a pleasure to deal with.

Another 'Good Chap'...or two...

Add 'Dmity Z G' to the Good Chaps list (a nice copy of Robsons 2nd edition) and another 'Ist IX cap' for Ian Knight (for another sword or 3) !

IMO..... shop with confidence with these chaps !
    "Shoot straight you bastards and don't make a mess of it !"
    Lt. Harry 'Breaker' Morant, Bushveldt Carbineers, Australian soldier, poet & national hero, excecuted by firing squad, Boer War, 1902.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Rodgers View Post
    I would also like to mention (again) Ian Knight.
    Me too. Ian was a pleasure to deal with and incredibly helpful.
    Matt

At the risk of sounding boring, I'd like to echo what's been said about Ian Knight...( 2 swords purchased so far! )...extremely helpfull and a pleasure to deal with..Thanks Ian.
    Phil.

I too must declare myself a fan of Ian Knight who generously helped me with an unrelated sword matter.
    Alan Simpson

Thanks to everyone for your very kind comments. It has been a pleasure dealing with you all.
    Happy Christmas to everyone.

Ian

Just a quick bump
    Have just completed another transaction with Ian and couldn't be happier.
    I now have to come up with some funds to buy something else......
    Cam

I'll put in a good word for Dominic. I purchased a Mortuary sword from him a few years ago, and the transaction was handled swiftly and professionally.

Dom is also a complete gentleman when turning down offers that are too low. He never used the word cheapskate even once when responding to my inquiry!

--Eljay

stand up guys who have been a pleasure to deal with

Aaron Justice
    William M ( martin )
    Adam Hart
    Kris Kormalee
    Karl Junitz
    Royal Gardner
    S Choi

all good forumites who ive dealt with in the classifieds since 2008
    " Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."

Ephesians 6:11

Quote Originally Posted by michael wilson View Post
    Aaron Justice
    William M ( martin )
    Adam Hart
    Kris Kormalee
    Karl Junitz
    Royal Gardner
    S Choi

all good forumites who ive dealt with in the classifieds since 2008
    I think ye spelled me name wrong mate

Mick Wilson
    J H Lee
    Jon Palombi
    John Coris
    M Tuttle
    A Justice

All pleasent dudes in their own right, helpful and courteous.... Cheers

Good Chaps list

I would also like to thank Ian Knight. I just received two swords from him & couldn't be happier. I will hopefully be doing much more business with him.

Joel Gaboury
    Lay this unto your breast: Old friends, like old swords, still are trusted best.
    John Webster (English Playwright 1578-1634)

Will Mathison is great!

Will Mathison has helped me on many transactions.
    Will is a great resource.
    "...and he who has no sword let him sell his garment and get one"

Luke 22:36

Blessings
    Woody

I would just like to add John Hart's name to the list of Good Chaps......I received the sword I bought from him today and couldn't be happier.
    Thanks John.

Just got a Sabre Mle1816 from Ian Knight.

Exellent comunication and very fast delivery!

Perfect!

Jerry G. is a great guy and very reliable. Others at the top of my list have already been mentioned.
    "It is my feeling that to make a good sword, one must make a weapon first, and art second. But if it is really "right", it is both things at once, and in equal measure." -- Howard Clark

"I cannot compensate for improper use of a sword. Nothing is bullet proof and idiots prove on a regular basis that nothing is idiot-proof -- they're just too creative." -- Keith Larman

Martin John, Andre Ducote and Fernando Viana were all very nice to deal with. And I would love to deal with them again if I had any cash
    "What Matters Most Is How Well You Walk Through The Fire."- Charles Bukowski

Hello, just wanted to add that I've done some excellent business with Kris Flippo here, and would recommend doing the same for anyone interested.

Let me add Max C. to the list. My swords arrived just this morning!

I also had a great transaction with Ian Knight, and I couldn't be happier with the two Victorian police hangers that showed up the other day! Photos, price and communication were all perfect, and although the shipping from the UK to California was rather steep, I'd be happy to buy more swords from Mr. Knight!
    Cicatrices Virgines Placent.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast