Thread: ! Cold Steel katana for sale, in Toronto...

! Cold Steel katana for sale, in Toronto...

I have a Cold Steel katana I need to sell, I need the money. If you know other collectors, do you anyone who would interested? Never been used, no rust, but there are some tiny cracks at the top of the sheath so it does grip the sword like it should…

Hi Paul,

Please read the guidelines for this section and note that you must post an asking price.

Thanks in advance for your considerations

Sorry about that...

I have a Cold Steel katana I need to sell, I need the money. Asking price $200. If you know other collectors, do you anyone who would interested? Never been used, no rust, but there are some tiny cracks at the top of the sheath so it does grip the sword like it should…

There are several models of Cold Steel katana, it would be helpful if you include that information. Also include the specs.

Cold Steel katana

The blade length is 28 1/2" or 29 1/2" depending on whether or not you count the brass near the 'hilt'. I bought the thing about 10 years ago, at the time I don't think they had the 'warrior / imperial' option. From the 'hilt' and 'pommel' (I know those aren't the proper terms) the markings would have identified it as an 'imperial' but I wouldn't call the blade 'mirror finished'. At the time, what the info said was the blade was 'spring steel', I forget the Rc number. Don't have scales so I can't tell you the weight...

I was hoping to find someone in Toronto who was interested so we could meet and they could examine it themselves before purchase.

It is a good idea to post photos.
    The "silly question" is the first intimation of some totally new development...

Kevin Adams Fine Metal Arts on FB
    Online Gallery of a few things I've made...

Kevin Adams

Pictures

I'm kind of new at this, and I don't even know where my card reader is. From what I've seen, katanas all pretty much look the same, unless they have a sharpened back of special blades(damascus, folded, clad/multilayer, etc). Mine isn't like that, it's just one kind of steel.

Or if it's special steel and since I can't pull up the specs on the old blade I can only tell you what I know (and that doesn't show up on a photo...) I assume Cold Steel hasn't changed their steel or heat treatments in 10 years but I don't know. Another reason I wanted to meet the buyer so he/she could see it themselves, feel it, and decide. Photos just don't do it (unless the blade is a work of art).