Thread: FS UK 1820 1st Life Guards Saber

FS UK 1820 1st Life Guards Saber

Very scarce 1820 pattern 1st Life Guards sword. No scabbard. This is a latter version with the fishskin grips. This particular sword is scheduled to appear in a new book due out soon. Details will be given to the new owner. These are not seen for sale often, so this could be a unique chance to add to your collection.

Condition: Blade is stained, but smooth & in good shape. It will clean up very nicely should you wish. Fishskin grip has some cuts and chunks missing. There is some looseness to the blade that can be corrected with the toothpick method. All studs are present and tight. See link to more photos for condition and further description. Please ask any questions or request specific photos. http://www.smallwebs.com/Swords/#UK ...fe Guard Saber.

I've only seen 3 of these for sale and I bought this one. The last one I saw on ebay went for $900US.

I am starting this one for $900US. I will lower the price if I get no interest and will accept offers. It will be shipped insured for actual postage. Payments via PayPal are accepted with the fees added to the selling price.

I am also going to be selling other items from my collection as below. I will be listing them seperately, but please see them all at http://www.smallwebs.com/Swords .

UK 1821 Light Cavalry saber - 16th Lancers $500US
    UK 1821 Light Cavalry officer's saber w/scabbard - 17th Lancers $900US
    UK 1786 Light Cavalry Saber $600US
    UK 1780 Naval Hanger $500US
    UK Cruciform Scottish Officers sword $100US
    UK 1810 EIC Sea Service Pistol $900US
    UK Victorian Gordon Highlanders feather bonnet $300US
    FR ANXI Briquett - 2 available $200US each
    FR c.1812 Officer's sword - $500US
    NL 1813 Light Cavalry saber $600US
    US 1830 Officer's 5 ball, eagle hilt, blue & gilt sword $600US

It's a long list and will take a bit to get completely listed. I have a little motivation now since I have just bought a Japanese sword. If you have an interest, please ask.

I absolutely guarantee this item and any item I sell.
    Last edited by WBranner; 01-26-2011 at 06:01 PM.

Correction and additional info

As requested.

The sword is 38 inches overall with a 32 1/2 inch blade. I rechecked Robson and they specify a blade length of 38", so this may not be the original blade.

Last edited by WBranner; 01-26-2011 at 05:12 PM.

$800us

Quote Originally Posted by WBranner View Post
    As requested.

The sword is 38 inches overall with a 32 1/2 inch blade. I rechecked Robson and they specify a blade length of 38", so this may not be the original blade.

I have had one member put forth the posibility that the length could be attributed to this being a bandsman sword. This is described in other places for cavalry.

I can not say one way or the other, but this does not appear to be a composite sword. As a reminder, I will guarantee this sword and if you decide that you are unsatisfied because of the blade, simply return it. You would be required to pay return postage, though.

$750 us

$700 us

$650 US

Heading to ebay soon

pm sent
    “Do you know what astonished me most in the world? The inability of force to create anything. In the long run, the sword is always beaten by the spirit.” Napoleon Bonaparte

pm received & responded to.

All Items listed are available for view at http://www.smallWebs.com/Swords .

The American 1830 is not pictured, but I will get photos and list it there and on here shortly.

Thanks for the interest.

$600

Last price reduction, then off to ebay!

Going to ebay.

interested in pics of the 1830 us sword mentioned

I'll try to get some this weekend & will post here. Very nice spadroon b&G blade, brass 5ball hilt with eagle pommel.

Now on ebay.

I cant bid it will not accept my bid as i am in the UK

you have a pm

Dom
    “Do you know what astonished me most in the world? The inability of force to create anything. In the long run, the sword is always beaten by the spirit.” Napoleon Bonaparte

Sold