Thread: FS: Albion Armorer's Squire-Line Viking ($250, some rust on hilt)

FS: Albion Armorer's Squire-Line Viking ($250, some rust on hilt)

Up for sale today is an Albion Viking-type sword I purchased off these forums some time ago. Unfortunately, in the interim, I sold it to a friend who did not take all my advice for caring for it. I have since taken it back, but find myself no longer in the mood for a Viking-style sword. To that end, I am willing to take trades for it. If you have an iaito or a shinken suitable for iai practice, please let me know!

Now, on to the sword. The advice my friend did not take was to oil the guard and pommel. He did oil the blade, so it is rust free, but there are minor surface rust spots on the pommel and guard. I would just polish them out myself, but I don't have any metal polish on hand and, to be honest, wouldn't want to mess up a sword I am not going to keep with an inexpert polishing job.

So I am going to sell it at a discounted price; this thing will go for $430 new, so I am willing to part with it for $250. I have attached pictures of the rust as well as the blade. I was able to confirm that it has not been cut with and the edge is still perfect. The sword is well balanced and has only been swung around by myself to test its weight. Other than that, it has served as decoration over a mantle for the past two years.

Here are the pictures:

A shot of the hilt
    Other side of the hilt
    The cross guard
    The entire sword
    Armorer's mark
    Blade tip
    -L.

PM sent.
    Luceo Non Uro.

that still available or is it gone?

Albion Viking

The pic of the full blade makes the blade appear very asymetrical. Is this a trick of the camera angle or is the blade actually ground unevenly?

Any flaws in the pictures are due to my abysmal picture taking skills. The blade is well-made.

It is, however, on its way to a new home.
    -L.