Thread: For Sale: Onigami Premium Iaito 2.45 shaku

For Sale: Onigami Premium Iaito 2.45 shaku

Recently purchased the Onigami Iaito from Yamato Budogu. Very nice koshirae, looks great. It's a 2.45 shaku. Has a very distinct hamon and nicely weighted at 830 grams. Only used the sword once or twice in the dojo, so it remains in almost perfect condition. I am favoring my old iaito which I've used for over four and a half years now and would like to make a return on this one as to purchase more sword gear.

Asking price is $600.00 plus shipping. Currently on YamatoBudogu this iaito sells for $797.00 plus sipping from Japan.

Some information regarding the Koshirae from Yamato Budogu.

The unique Onigawara design of this original Onigami Koshirae
    can be appreciated in Menuki and Fuchi Kashira that have Kanabo
    (iron club) and Masakari (battle-axe) – the both weapons, which as it is said, were used by the Oni. There is even an expression in Japan which says “Oni ni Kanabo” (Oni with a iron club) which means “make a strong one stronger”, since the Oni is formidably strong even unarmed, if it gets a Kanabo it will be extremely strong and powerful.

All the fittings are made in accordance with Bakumatsu period fittings, especially the Tsuba which is a detailed replica of the outstanding Tsuba “Fujin Raijin Zu” made by the famous craftman Toryusai Seiju, based on the well-know Japanese biombo “Fujin Raijin Zu Byobu”, “Wind God, Thunder God”, Edo period (1603 to 1868 ) work by Tawaraya Sotatsu. Nowadays officially designated Japan national treasure and exhibited in Kyoto.

Thanks
    Jason Hatcher
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Mugai Ryu Meishiha Iaihyodo.....U.S. Battodo Federation.....Owner Katsujinken Magazine....Head instructor Hissho Kai Dojo, www.hisshokai.com

I also own this iaito, and if you need an iaito look no further. EXCELLENT balance and highly recommended.

J,
    Sent you a FB message
    N

Bumpolla! This is a great iaito and priced according. Let's help each other further our sword training goals by purchasing this one.
    Mugai Ryu Meishiha Iaihyodo.....U.S. Battodo Federation.....Owner Katsujinken Magazine....Head instructor Hissho Kai Dojo, www.hisshokai.com

Bumpin it back up.

$550.00 new price..

Cutting the price back to $550.00 any takers?

Bump

Will have this blade at the Orlando tai kai to sell. Price is $550.00. Would love to hand this very nice looking iaito over to a dedicated sword student.

So tempting and so nice of a Iaito to let it pass by. I've got 5 Iaitos in my collection now, what's so funny is I am only using my favorite one while the other 4 are just hanging on the display rack. I have a price in mind to offer you and I'll just PM it to you. If you'll like my offer then I would love to take it from your hands.
    Practice
    More Practice
    Still More Practice

Rod,

Sent you a PM.. If it doesn't sell at the Orlando tai kai then I will give you first dibs.

Jason

Hello Jason,

Sent you a PM on your asking price.

Thanks, Rod
    Practice
    More Practice
    Still More Practice