Thread: Questions about a Custom Katana.

Questions about a Custom Katana.

I am considering a purchase from the following site:

http://sbg-sword-store.sword-buyers-...om-katana.html

The price is right, but I have some concerns about the quality of the blade. I am wondering if anyone has some first hand experience with them, and if not then perhaps someone more knowledgeable then myself can take a look at the site and see what they think.

This would be my first purchase of a "real" Japanese styled blade, and as such I am unsure of what to look for. My first concern is whether or not the hammon is real. The site's author claims that it is, but I cannot tell from the pictures, so some clarification there would be nice.

I am also concerned about the composition of this "T-10" Steel. According to the site it contains tungsten, but after some digging it appears this may be false about T-10 in general.

Another concern is the picture shown under the option to have the blade folded for an additional $60. It looks more like an acid wash to me designed to give the illusion of patterned steel.

My intended use would be recreational cutting of tatami rolls, and bamboo. I was attracted to this sword due to the customization options, and being able to take part in the build of the product.

Any information is greatly appreciated, and I look forward to any replies.

I would advise saving your money. 330 dollars does not a good custom sword buy.
    I like swords.

If you want to climb a mountain, begin at the top.

"Integrity, justice, courage, and action - without these, a person is of no consequence." - Don Nelson

learn the way to preserve rather than destroy.
    avoid rather than check, check rather than hurt, hurt rather than maim, maim rather than kill.
    for all life is precious, not one can be replaced.