Thread: Looking for a sword stick/cane

Looking for a sword stick/cane

Hi All
    Anyone got an antique sword stick for sale or know of a source, I am in Ireland but can have postal address in the UK
    Cheers
    Ken

Blog Entries
    Ken,

I might be able to help you. What is your criteria? Looking for anything in specific?

Regards,

M~
    mark@swordforum.com

~ Hostem Hastarum Cuspidibus Salutemus ~

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who don't."
    Benjamin Franklin

Ken.
    A quick scan of UK auction houses shows about a dozen sword sticks listed.Most of these would have on-line bidding facilities.They're not uncommon.

The legalities of postage I wouldn't be certain about but I'm sure you have a ready solution.
    Niall Dignan

HI Guys,
    Mike PM sent
    Niall what search site do you use for on line auction brousing?
    cheers,
    Ken

Ken
    There are some on sale from a dealer in Sussex here
    http://www.antiquearmsandarmour.com/...k/swordsticks/
    Martin

Thanks Martin,
    I have seen them in antique shops here in Dublin for 400 euro (nice victorian with silver metal work ) which I taught was expensive, this seems cheap when compared to the dealers site you kindly posted. Am I am way off the mark on what these can be expected to go for? Maybe I should open a discussion on the main forum on antique swords rather than clogging up the for sale area.
    Thanks
    Ken

Ken.
    Check your PMs.
    Niall Dignan

Hi
    I have purchasedfrom Cahay Militaria and the do have antique cane and sword sticks for sale.
    Cathay Militaria Contact Mervyn Mitton http://www.cathaymilitaria.co.za/firstpage.html
    Mervyn`s email address - cathay@iafrica.com

Regards
    Ray

I just bought a wonderful one from an arms show in Birmingham. I suggest you go to a show or auction house.

Ray
    thanks for the link I will have a look
    William
    would love to do either but they are just not turning up in Ireland, missed an auction 11 months ago with 3 for sale. My wife was having a c section on the same day so decided not to go to that sale ;-)
    ken

Ken,

They seem to be pricey unless you run across a sleeper in a general shop--I did--a nice early sword stick with blued blade, c. 1830. Keep looking around.
    Tom Donoho

I have a number for sale please give me your email address and i will send you pictures

regards Dom
    “Do you know what astonished me most in the world? The inability of force to create anything. In the long run, the sword is always beaten by the spirit.” Napoleon Bonaparte

Hi Dominic
    PM sent
    ken

Ken,
    here is an address in the UK
    http://www.bathantiquesonline.com/an...ble-35691.html

good luck
    John