Thread: New Clamshell Fencing Set

New Clamshell Fencing Set

Here is a look at two prototypes of a new fencing line. We have made fencing swords for awhile, but are going full tilt in this direction for 2012. We have a big batch of these in the works and they are ready to be ordered now.

http://imakeswords.com/fencing.htm

So far we have already made a few design changes to this set. their pommel will be swaped out for a scaled down version. The knucklebow has also been beefed up.

This set is meant to be a entry level pair. We will of course continue making our full hilted rapiers, but wanted to be able to offer a simple set that still functions well and looks pretty good.

You can upgrade these swords with any of our upgrade options. Faceted pommels, fancier grips etc...

Please feel free to inquire about special bulk order discounts as we are willing to make the prices better the more you buy.

These come standard with epee blades but can be swaped out for a schalger blade for an additional fee.

I should also say that the center section of the rapier can be swaped out for any of our styles. This one pictured is our "double down" center section.

The standard wood is hickory with a light oil.

Thanks for looking!
    Last edited by Matthew Stagmer; 11-19-2011 at 09:02 AM.
    "If you can draw it, we can make it".
    "ART SHOULD HURT"

Matt Stagmer - Sword Maker @ BKS

www.Baltimoreknife.com
    www.Facebook.com/Baltimoreknife

Hi Matt

With little mentioned in terms of specifications and target market, I have to admit to being a little baffled as to what groups might be interested in using these. Stage? SCA? Serious HEMA folk? I would think any and all might be scratching their head a bit with no specifications at all offered.

Cheers

Hotspur; pointy stuff especially is extremely dangerous without due considerations

The overwelming orders for these products from us are for theatrical stage and SCA. Any tweaking in specs for specific groups is offered from us on all our products. I don't see why we would exclude any audience.
    "ART SHOULD HURT"

www.Baltimoreknife.com

I bring this up because of little things like blade flex. Even on the page linked is no information about the blade specs or properties. For instance, what is the weight, general specifications, flex, etc. for the prototype rapier you are posting about.

How is the flex and resilience?

What is the prototype's overall length? Blade length, weight. The little stuff that might draw on a learned market. I know I could list more seller/makers as well that do list specifications.

If I am seemingly over critical, it is that what I see from BKS more often than not is the bling overstated compared to the basics.

Cheers

Hotspur; not that my own weight (literally) carries over to what may or may not appeal to some but I believe serious fencers would like little factoids about a product line
    Last edited by Glen C.; 11-19-2011 at 05:16 PM.

We prefer to use blades from Zen Warrior. http://www.zenwarriorarmory.com/catalog.php?category=40 We will use blades suited to your needs if those do not meet your regulations. The dagger blades of course are from us and all of our full mounted rapiers are mounted with blades that are made in house by me. I can offer unique stats from those.
    Last edited by Matthew Stagmer; 11-19-2011 at 05:21 PM.
    "ART SHOULD HURT"

www.Baltimoreknife.com