Thread: Felddegen or Hauddegen or Walloon 17c

Felddegen or Hauddegen or Walloon 17c

From the Carl Beck museum collection the blade is struck with a running wolf and cabalistic #'s 1616. There's a good possibility the Smith was or is Johanes Wundes in which case the numbers may well refer to date of manufacture or just simply numbers important to the Smith, or a less likely maker is Peter Wiersbergh, Solingen, 1610. The shell guards are pierced with stars and circles and are probably magical symbols for the maker, note bars are shaped like phalanges. The blade is a bit loose and 30.5in long and 7/8in at forte, weight is 1lb 10.5oz's not counting the scabbard, tip is rounded. So, $2600 please or make me a reasonable offer.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by David gray; 11-28-2011 at 07:51 AM.
    David Gray

Lets try $2000 Canadian.
    David Gray

Hi David,

Tried to pm you, not sure it went through...I'm fairly new to the forum. Could you email me at tom@tothenextlevel.ca with your phone # so we can discuss?
    thanks,
    Tom

How about $2001 Canadian?
    David Gray

$2002 obo
    David Gray

If i understand what a Hauddegen is (cavalry) then it's not one of those being too short for a horseman's sword. If it's a Walloon then the age maybe closer to 1650 in which case the 1616 can be anything you want it to be and JW was not the maker. It might be better just to call it a 17c broadsword, either way it's still a nice piece and still for sale at the new price of $2003.
    David Gray

or $1999
    David Gray

last chance

I'll take off money's for sending it somewhere and cost to have someone else sell it and give a heck of a deal for this at least c1650 sword for $1500, no less and only 'till it reaches the end of this page.
    David Gray