Thread: Fully loaded rig: Albion Stamford (first gen)

Fully loaded rig: Albion Stamford (first gen)

I'm leaving my life-long hobby of medievalism and wanted to see my Viking sword rig go to a good home (and help finance my new hobby)...

For sale is my fully loaded Albion first gen Stamford sword (long-since discontinued) with custom Christian Fletcher scabbard http://www.christianfletcher.com/Chr...Scabbards.html
    including bronze chape (ordered from a merchant in Australia) and "integral" bridge to carry with a baldrick. Also includes never used solid bronze Vaerne Belt Set from Urweg
    http://www.urweg.com/list/belts.html including buckle, slide, tip and set of 6 panels.

I've attached several pix. I can email full-sized and additonal pix. Just ask. Two other things: I never got around to putting the baldrick together but have two different long strips of leather already cut for it (one brown; the other un-dyed), so a person with only modest skill could complete the set easily. Also, when moving houses in 2006 the sword got partially dropped and picked up a few MINOR scratches, probably don't show in the pix, but other than those it is near-perfect unused condition.

Besides the long wait time, putting this rig together would run ~$800 for the sword, at least $500 for the scabbard and bronze chape, and $600 for the bronze historical reproduction belt set.

I'll sell everything, priority USPS shipped and insured in the U.S.A. for $1200. No international sale. Get this very high-end historical rig in time for the holidays; I'd really like to see it used and appreciated. Not interested in trades. Thanks for looking.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by MC Gibson; 12-15-2011 at 08:10 AM.
    GvK or Guntar of the Vardrotta

Okay, price drop to $1100 shipped. Hope this goes to a great home...

Okay, final price drop: $1050 shipped in U.S. If no takers, I'll just hold onto it.