Thread: For Sale or Trade: BKS Longsword

For Sale or Trade: BKS Longsword

Hey everyone, I'm putting my BKS custom longsword up for sale or trade. This has been used only three or four times for light cutting (water bottles) and otherwise has been displayed on my wall. It's a really great sword and I love it, but have decided that I want a more historically accurate sword instead. Included is a wood-core, leather-covered scabbard I made for this.

Here are the stats:
    Overall Length: 44.75 inches
    Blade Length: 34.75 inches
    Blade Width at Base: 1.875 inches
    Blade Width before Tip: 0.875 inches
    Guard Width: 8.5 inches
    Grip Length: 7.125 inches
    Fuller Length: 23 inches
    Weight: 3 lbs 3 oz
    CoG: 2 inches from guard
    CoP: 21 inches from guard

Ideally I would like to trade this for an Atrim 1415 in good condition, any hilt configuration, plus cash or another item so the value on each end is approximately the same. I would also be willing to sell this for $600 shipped CONUS, other places to pay actual shipping costs. I accept payment via paypal or USPS money order. Please PM if you are interested.

Thanks for looking,
    Alan
    “I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend” - J.R.R. Tolkien through Faramir, Captain of Gondor

I forgot to mention that the grip and scabbard on this are dark blue. I was also asked about how this is assembled and the guard and pommel were welded after being put on the tang, so it is permanently assembled.

I am also dropping the price to $550 plus shipping. Also, as an alternative to an AT 1415 I would be willing to trade for an AT 1566. If they are not in pristine condition I may still be interested, and may trade even for a customized version. Show me what you got!

Once again thanks for looking,
    Alan
    “I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend” - J.R.R. Tolkien through Faramir, Captain of Gondor

Hey everyone, this sword is still available. Price is now $550 shipped Conus. In addition to an AT1415 or 1566, I would be willing to trade for an AT1313, Del Tin 2142 or 5143, or a Valiant AT304s plus cash. I would consider other trades as well. I'm looking for a good blade for a war sword project. Ideally I'd like a type XIIa but will consider XVIa or XIIIa as well if the blade has a fuller.

Thanks,
    Alan

I was out of town over the weekend but seeing as it's the super sale time of the year, I'm dropping the price to $500 plus shipping. Again, if you have anything you're willing to trade, even if it is not specifically listed, shoot me a PM and I'll consider it.

Thanks,
    Alan

Bump and Price drop to $480 plus shipping. I'm still mainly looking for a XIIa but may consider types XIIIa, XVIa, or XVIIIa as well.

Thanks,
    Alan

I have removed this item from sale.

Thanks,
    Alan