Thread: Brazilian Swords in the 1840s?

Brazilian Swords in the 1840s?

I'm interested in any information (books, websites, etc.) on swords from Brazil, c. 1840. I found one SFI post from 2010 with pictures of a beautiful sabre. Can anybody direct me to anything more than that?

I would primarily be interested in cup-hilts and sabres, but information on anything would be welcome: smallswords, espada ancha, cutlasses, etc.

Thanks!

-Tyson
    Tyson Wright
    Blog
    Dall'Agocchie.com
    Twitter

Sacramento Sword School

There is no movement in this science which does not have a weakness - Diogo Gomes de Figueyredo, Oplosophia
    On the contrary, I’ve always said and it’s remained clear to me through experience that every dritto has its riverso, that is, that every blow has its parry. - Giovanni dall’Agocchie
    , Dell’Arte di Scrimia

Hi Tyson

I don't have a lot of South American files but one pdf that circulates may be a nice read
    http://asoac.org/bulletins/92_weatherly_swords.pdf

www.oldswords.com is a worthwhile subscription as well

Cheers

Hotspur; German, Spanish and English types are what a lot of SA swords reflect

Actually, here's a whole index of arms related files in the ASOAC site but a bit of a hunt and peck of an adjunct to actually browsing that parent site
    http://asoac.org/bulletins/

Glen -

You, sir, are a scholar and a gentleman. Thank you.

Regards,

-Tyson
    Tyson Wright
    Blog
    Dall'Agocchie.com
    Twitter

Sacramento Sword School

There is no movement in this science which does not have a weakness - Diogo Gomes de Figueyredo, Oplosophia
    On the contrary, I’ve always said and it’s remained clear to me through experience that every dritto has its riverso, that is, that every blow has its parry. - Giovanni dall’Agocchie
    , Dell’Arte di Scrimia