Thread: FS: Top quality iaito from Nosyu region, Japan

Thumbs up FS: Top quality iaito from Nosyu region, Japan

I have six top quality iaito from a top producer in the Nosyu region of Japan. Based out of Seki, Gifu, one of the main sword producing regions of Japan, these iaito have excellent balance and are perfect for practitioners of iaido. Photos available on request - serious inquiries only please.

#1 Basic 2-4-0 shaku (72.7cm), 745g, Ivy Kashira, Butterfly menuki, Yatsumokko tsuba, Plastic White samegawa, Cotton ito - Black, Black Ishime saya, Plain brass habaki, Notare hamon, $750

#2 Basic 2-5-9 shaku (78.5cm), 950g, Ivy kashira, Butterfly menuki, Shihosukashi tsuba, Plastic White samegawa, Cotton ito - Black, Black Ishime saya, Plain Brass habaki, Notare hamon, $850

#3 Basic 2-4-5 (74.2cm), 930g, Ivy kashira, Butterfly menuki, Mokko Edohigo tsuba, Plastic White samegawa, Cotton ito - Black, Black Ishime saya, Plain Brass habaki, Notare hamon, $800

#4 Basic 2-5-0 (75.8cm), 920g, Ivy kashira, Butterfly menuki, Yatsumokko tsuba, Plastic White samegawa, Cotton ito- Black, Black Ishime saya, Plain Brass habaki, Notare hamon, $850

#5 Intermediate 2-4-5 (74.2cm), 925g, Bamboo kashira, Bamboo Leaves menuki, Bamboo Leaves tsuba, Real White samegawa, Cotton ito - Dark Blue, Black Ishime saya, Plain Brass habaki, Suguha hamon, $950

#6 Intermediate 2-5-0 (75.8cm), 930g, Kikusui kashira, Ichirin Kiku menuki, Sakura/Kiku Sukashi tsuba, Real White samegawa, Cotton ito - Black, Black Glossy saya, Plain Brass habaki, Gunome hamon, $975

I also have a selection of various color cotton and silk sageo.
    Kaku-obi
    Vinyl single sword bags, medium and long sized. Double sword bag.
    Uchiko powder - 2 grades
    Choji oil - 2 grades
    Basic Cleaning kits - includes uchiko and choji
    Polyester iaido obi - black

Brad

Very interested in Sword #3 Please send pics thanks!

Cipriano Ortega
    Last edited by Cipriano Ortega; 05-08-2012 at 10:40 AM.

Please send me in PM pictures of sword #6, intermediate 2.50.

Mr. Anderson,

PM sent with regard to the double sword bag.

Cheers

Ken

The photos can be found here:

They look very good. Unfortunetally the sword I was interested doesn't suit me, so I won't buy. Sorry for the trouble.
    But I do recommend anyone who can, to buy them.

Hi Bradley,
    Could you please send me via PM information/pics of selection of various color cotton and silk sageo.

Thanks,
    Terry
    Terry Keller

Are the tangs signed by the maker or are these mass produced swords?

As with all iaito that I've ever seen, the aluminium alloy blades are poured, and then finished by hand. The maker never signs blades of this type.
    Thanks,
    Brad

Bumping this back up. All items are still for sale!
    BA

Bumping this up for the weekend.

Bumping this up. Still have a few left.
    BA

Back to class sale! Take $100 of the list price of every iaito remaining.
    BA

Considering a Christmas present for yourself? I've still got several iaito for sale. The details can be found at http://iaito.musoshindenryu.com
    Brad

Christmas and New Year Sale!
    All in-stock iaito are now $200 off the price listed on the web site. You can view the catalog and place an order online at http://iaito.musoshindenryu.com

The sale price will be reflected once you place the items in your shopping cart.

This is a fantastic price on these items!
    PM with inquiries or questions.
    Brad

Bump. I've added iaido and sword related accessories too. Choji, Uchiko, carrying bags, obi, and of course the discounted iaito.
    Price on the iaito has been permanently reduced by $200. The site reflects the correct prices now.
    http://iaito.musoshindenryu.com
    BA

Hello all, I will now state something, you have every right to dismiss this or not believe it. The website swordstore is not really nosyu swords even though it states this. Rick use to do buisness with them until he took nosyu to international court and some-how won the rights to Nosyu. Can you imagine some American saying he owns the rights to a 400 year old sword maker. My Sensei's Sensei has a direct link to Nosyu through an interpreter here in Australia (7th Dan) All the swords that swordstore has use the same numbers as Nosyu except they are made in China. Nosyu were disgusted with Rick and now they don't do any buisness in America. The ban will never be lifted. Nosyu will never give a sword to America. If you are looking to get one go to Senkei international and they will buy one from Nosyu and send to you. Obviously they will put a mark up on them, however you are still getting one of the best swords in the world. I only joined this forum to say this. Again you can say I am lying I don't really care, but I urge you to research this. My cousin Mark bought a sword of Rick and asked the smith to sign his name and it was carved in Chinese. He found out Rick was lying about saying "Real Nosyu sword made in Japan" and will take Rick to court sueing him for False advertising act of 1986.
    If you would like a detailed report of how swordstore don't sell nosyu, I can show you my Sensei's (6th Dan) email , obviously I will blot out his name. But he is well respected in Japan. My e-mail is samuelmewett@hotmail.com It is up to you if you believe me or not.