Thread: Anyone seen Thomas Geusz?

Anyone seen Thomas Geusz?

He's had my swords for a while and I haven't heard from him in months....

Hoping someone knows that he's OK.

---------------
    True Karate-do is this: that in daily life, one's mind and body be trained and developed in a spirit of humility; and that in critical times, one be devoted utterly to the cause of justice.
    -Gichin Funakoshi

He has a few of mine as well and I talked with him briefly last May. Was told he was all done (with my blades), but was waiting for the return of the full wrapped tsukas for mounting. My given impression of the delay is due to his other work and needing outside assistance.

Excuses aside, while situations like this are not uncommon in the "custom sword" business; I would suggest you give him a call.

Its not my place to inquire about other projects he is working on, but i'm sure there is a few here on SFI who have received their swords back mounted, and/or polished.

Thomas has made some comments on this, but I didn't press for more info.

I trust that someone here should comment besides myself, and hopfully Thomas himself, if not by PM.

I was in email contact and he did say he was going to call but then he did not.

I sent my blades to him two years ago so I do understand about delays.
    And I understand people gotta work, his art business picked back up.

Last I heard the Tsuka's were wrapped and he was waiting on them.

I'll send him another email.

---------------
    True Karate-do is this: that in daily life, one's mind and body be trained and developed in a spirit of humility; and that in critical times, one be devoted utterly to the cause of justice.
    -Gichin Funakoshi

I was in email contact and he did say he was going to call but then he did not.

I sent my blades to him two years ago so I do understand about delays.
    And I understand people gotta work, his art business picked back up.

Last I heard the Tsuka's were wrapped and he was waiting on them.

I'll send him another email.

---------------
    -Gichin Funakoshi

I sent my blades to him two years ago”: two years and yet the work is not finished? you do not have in your hand swords?
    For me, it is unbelievable. Provided that the craftsman alerts the customer: I do the job when I want. No certainty on issues of return.
    If there is to those who like it that way ...

I did receive an email from Brian and i want to say Publicly that Brian has always been quick to respond when he could - Brian wraps Tsuka's and I've seen his owrk - it's immaculate and perfect.

This is NO reflection on Brian, I was merely checking to see if Tom had some health issues or something because I had not heard.

At this point I have written the swords off as a loss.

This speaks volumes about Brians Honor to contact me, he's a class A kind of guy.

Take care,

Scott
    Last edited by Scott Turchin; 10-12-2012 at 10:26 AM.

---------------
    -Gichin Funakoshi

Brian who?

Quote Originally Posted by P. Farris View Post
    Brian who?
    Drier, I believe. Hope you get your blades back Scott, best of luck-Chris
    "Remember shop smart, shop 's' mart

Dreier

Tom

Little things that may mean something to more than mere spectators such as me Not to make light of it but if someone is looking for information, searches are helped by the way a name is spelled.

Brian is not involved, Tsuka's were sent, he wrapped and sent back.

I found Thomas's email and sent an email to him.

---------------
    -Gichin Funakoshi

Quote Originally Posted by Glen C. View Post
    Dreier

Tom

Little things that may mean something to more than mere spectators such as me Not to make light of it but if someone is looking for information, searches are helped by the way a name is spelled.
    Damn smart type screwed me again.
    "Remember shop smart, shop 's' mart

At two years I would simply ask for my blades back. I am in a similar situation but the polisher is a 'face to face' friend and not an 'internet friend' He has had my blade for a while but we talk alot and we know each other have real lives and are very busy

Yes tom has blades of mine as well and I have heard the same song and dance for a year and then just stopped bothering 6 months ago. I honestly doubt I will see my blades again and it would cost more than they are worth to fly there and back. People today just can't be taken at their word anymore. I don't even bother trusting people on forums anymore for custom work.

In my many phone conversations with him he talked about all these blades he has in his collection. Now. I wonder how many were come by honestly.
    Always have a sense of humor. This is most important when it concerns yourself, it is a strength beyond all measure- Dan Millman

I actually have a mail I think was meant for you Scott but sent to me with his new mailing address. This was some months ago.
    Last edited by Ricky Arias; 10-21-2012 at 09:03 AM.
    Always have a sense of humor. This is most important when it concerns yourself, it is a strength beyond all measure- Dan Millman

continue the rest of this thread and these conversations by PM.

I don't know where he is, but he finished my sword about three years ago yet he never sent it back to me. Despite constant prodding on my part, he keeps saying he'll send it, but he never does. It goes without saying that he is getting pretty high on my **** list...

I sent him a PM.

I just got back into the arts after a two year haitus working swingshift etc so it would be nice to have my blades to practice with.

Oss.

---------------
    -Gichin Funakoshi

There is one who held for years the swords of others and not returns ... It feel really strange, unlikely as it is strange that no one has reported or has punched him in the face.

Sorry to bring up old memories but I found out that he may have moved to be with his father, whom is dying of cancer or an illness.

I do want to send Tom an apology for being rude, on the other hand I had no idea.

I hope he can spend time with his father and then rejoin us and pick up from there.
    Since I've emotionally let go of the swords it's not a big concern anymore. It would be like Christmas to see them again but I truthfully don't care about material possessions much anymore.

Thomas get ahold of me if you see this, tell me how your father is doing. I am sorry to hear of that news!!

Scott

---------------
    -Gichin Funakoshi

Only just seen this,

I had a trade deal with Tom a couple of years ago,
    from my experience,
    Things went fine, couple of delay's on post, but it had been mentioned he was on a big job with definite timeline, so post would be when he could, a month or two into the trade, blade was delivered, also Tom had upgraded the polish as a thank you for waiting out the delay,
    overall I had a good experience with Tom, I found him to be a decent guy,

I hope things work out well for you guy's who are still waiting, I think Tom will make good for everybody,

Tom,
    Sorry to hear about the family,
    Take care chap,
    Best,
    Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee O. View Post
    Only just seen this,

I had a trade deal with Tom a couple of years ago,
    from my experience,
    Things went fine, couple of delay's on post, but it had been mentioned he was on a big job with definite timeline, so post would be when he could, a month or two into the trade, blade was delivered, also Tom had upgraded the polish as a thank you for waiting out the delay,
    overall I had a good experience with Tom, I found him to be a decent guy,

I hope things work out well for you guy's who are still waiting, I think Tom will make good for everybody,

Tom,
    Sorry to hear about the family,
    Take care chap,
    Best,
    Lee.

I hope so, it's been five years now. Hoping he is OK and hope someday to see my swords!

Tom - get in touch if you see this!

---------------
    -Gichin Funakoshi