Thread: Introducing: Wisconsin Historical Fencing Association (WHFA)

Post Introducing: Wisconsin Historical Fencing Association (WHFA)

Hello everyone, I'm a long time lurker here on SFI, but I wanted to create an account to let anyone interested know that a number of HEMA practitioners in Wisconsin have joined to form a new HEMA organization several months ago:

Wisconsin Historical Fencing Association (WHFA)
    I am also happy to announce that WHFA is a HEMA Alliance affiliate organization!

Currently we have two chapters:

WHFA recently had a "Longsword Weekend Camp" in conjunction the Castlerock Museum and Albion Swords over the October 20th weekend in New Glarus, Wisconsin (details here). As a fund-raiser, all proceeds from this event were split 50/50 by Albion Swords and Castlerock Museum. We had a great time and I hope anyone who is interested will consider attending next year.

WHFA took advantage of having most of the club's membership at one location to have some club meetings. At these meetings we formalized the club's organizational structure, elected a provisional board of club officers, selected a logo and a public event "uniform". A quick summary:
    • Aaron Pynenberg was officially designated "Principal Instructor".
    • The following club members were nominated and elected to the following positions on the provisional board of officers:
      • Jeremiah Backhaus, President
      • Scott Hanson, Vice President
      • Tylor Arndt, Secretary
    Anyone interested can read the full meeting minutes here.

Feel free to check us out on our website: http://www.wi-hfa.org and our Facebook page.
    Last edited by T. Arndt; 10-27-2012 at 10:45 AM.
    Wisconsin Historical Fencing Association (WHFA)
    A HEMA Alliance Affiliate

“Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?” -Juvenal