Thread: Looking for HEMA/Classical fencing training partner in the Milton Keynes area, UK.

Looking for HEMA/Classical fencing training partner in the Milton Keynes area, UK.

Hi, I'm looking for a training partner in or near Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire.

The sports fencing club here is very good, but I'm really missing doing more of the historical and classical stuff that I was doing before I moved down here.

Things I have kit for: single-stick, backsword (Silver and 18th century), heavy sabre (Hutton), rapier, smallsword and sword and dagger, sword and buckler.

I've also done a fair amount of Greatstick (a la Hutton) and quarterstaff, but no longer have them with me.

Unfortunately I don't drive, so travelling to places outside MK is tricky at best.

Thanks very much!

Thomas Jones
    When in deadly danger,
    When beset by doubt,
    Run in little circles,
    Wave your arms and shout!

"Is it not possible that I may love my own country without hating the natives of other countries? That I may exert the most heroic bravery, the most undaunted resolution, in defending its laws and liberty, without despising all the rest of the world as cowards and poltroons?" Oliver Goldsmith 1728-1774

I live in the Milton Keynes area and am looking to set up a Longsword Study group.
    Specializing in German Longsword.

I have my own Youtube channel here...
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-A...FVAGBl6lQeozUw
    I can also be reached on
    joelsutherland@hotmail.co.uk

Please contact me if you are at all interested, my solo practice has gone as far
    as it will take me.