Thread: FS: Customized Skyjiro Taka-Chigai katana

FS: Customized Skyjiro Taka-Chigai katana

Hello There,

Up for sale I have a brand new and unused Skyjiro Taka-Chigai katana, purchased through David Goldberg at Gold Mountain Forge.

This is the blade in question:

http://www.skyjiroforge.com/takachig...thers-p-9.html

Tsuka: 11" Nagasa: 28.5"

As you can see from the pics attached, alot has been done to this blade. The blade had a mirror polish when recieved, it has since been given an etch to bring out a bit more of the hada and hamon. The tsuka has been re-wrapped in hinera in grey-blue Japanese silk ito by Josh Marlan of Cottontail customs, menuki switched to a nice oogi set from Yamato. The habaki has been reworked by myself into a faux two piece style in contrasting polished silver and cross polished brass design. Tsuba was switched out for a nice steel maru with sakura sukashi cutouts and the saya which bound pretty bad was switched out for a brand new Chen practical iaito saya which fits like a glove, despite a minor rattle. The sageo is a silk gradient from a PC Lion Dog.

As you can see from the link, the blade sells for $497 as-is, however as I need the funds, I am only asking for $500 shipped CONUS for this blade with all the good stuff. Reasonable offers and partial trades for other Japanese style blades may be considered.

Paypal only please.
    Attached Images Attached Images           
    Last edited by A. Timp; 06-27-2013 at 04:52 PM.

Very nice job!

Just curious but do you got any idea how it would perform if you cut with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Gegenhuber View Post
    Just curious but do you got any idea how it would perform if you cut with it?
    I wouldn't be able to give a definitive answer unless I had actually cut with it, in which case it would be a used blade, however I can say that the blade is stupid sharp and has pretty smooth, even geometry
    and cutting plane. I don't see any reason why it would not perform well.

Bump & drop to $475 shipped CONUS..

Hi,

I am interested in your sword. Would you mind emailing me these pictures? Or more? The attached photos just aren't big enough! Thank you. I tried PMing you but it says you are over your allotted space.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Fitez View Post
    Hi,

I am interested in your sword. Would you mind emailing me these pictures? Or more? The attached photos just aren't big enough! Thank you. I tried PMing you but it says you are over your allotted space.

Rick
    Sure, I can do that. I pm'd you.

Need to move this one folks, drop to $450 shipped CONUS....

Still willing to entertain reasonable offers...

Final Drop to $400 Shipped CONUS...

PM Sent

On hold through Friday...

Quote Originally Posted by A. Timp View Post
    On hold through Friday...
    Sword is off of hold and is available...

Sold