Thread: We would really appreciate some help identifying this sword, thanks.

Smile We would really appreciate some help identifying this sword, thanks.

Hello there,

So glad to be able to ask a question here about this sword we have. We would appreciate any available information from those who are experienced with these kinds of swords. It is marked with only Toledo on it. It's in good condition for its age, and has a 32" blade.

Thanks very much for any insight!
    Best regards, Karen
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Spanish (Toledo) made sword like object in the shape of a rapier made for turist trade probably in the 1980s or 90s.
    "Please look in the encyclopedia and make a brief memorandum for me concerning the life of Correggio."
    Elbert Hubbard

Nakamura Ryu Batto Do, Order of Seven Hearts

YEs, it is made to look like a XVI spanish rapier, but the Toledo marking is not consistent with that era. Appart from other considerations on the guard and pommel.
    Cheers.
    Santiago.
    C'mon you sons of bitches! D'you wanna live forever??

Smile Thank you very much...

Thank you both for your insight, it is appreciated. Do you know if anyone is selling these now a-days, and if so, where I could purchase one? In other words, I'm looking to find out what it may be worth without asking what range it may be worth because I believe we are not allowed to ask these things here. So, if you know where someone else may be selling these, it would help a lot. Thanks again very much for your valued input.

eBay would be a good place to start - "completed auctions" might give you some ideas. Or you could ask a dealer what he'd give for it and allow a bit extra for his markup (OK, maybe more than a bit!).

John
    "If I can't be a good example to others, at least let me be a horrible warning".

Thumbs up Thank you very much...

Quote Originally Posted by John Hart View Post
    eBay would be a good place to start - "completed auctions" might give you some ideas. Or you could ask a dealer what he'd give for it and allow a bit extra for his markup (OK, maybe more than a bit!).

John
    Thanks so much! We'll do that.