Thread: Khazar Swords?

Khazar Swords?

Hello! First post here.

I am interested to know whether anybody has information on swords/knives of Khazaria, roughly 9th century (although I would be interested to see examples from any period). Searching online, I have found very little, and am wondering whether there are any museum collections or published books that would contain images.

Thank you!

Alexander

Given the mobility of the steppes people I supose they could have quite similitud to magiar sables of that century. Several in a collection were auctioned by Hermann Historica some 6 years ago. Catalogue shall be online. A relative is the so called Charlemagne saber (not Joyeuse).
    La vida amable, el enemigo hombre fuerte, ordinario el peligro, natural la defensa, la Ciencia para conseguirla infalible, su estudio forçoso, y el exercicio necessario conviene al que huviere de ser Diestro, no ignore la teorica, para que en la practica, el cuerpo, el braço, y los instrumentos obren lo conveniente a su perfeccion. --Don Luis Pacheco de Narvaez.

I vbelieve there were many photos of Hazar kilijs in the catalogue of Furussiya Collection. Maybe you can find the book on your local library.
    "The relationship between West(Occident) and East(Orient) is indeed an example of a relationship of power and domination. Orientalism is thus a style of thought based upon an ontological and epistemological distinction made between the Orient and the Occident. It is a Western style of dominating, restructuring and building hegemony over the Orient.İt is an accepted grid for filtering through the Orient into Western consciousness, into the general culture."
    From "Orientalism" by Edward Said