Thread: Requesting help dating Prussian M 1811 Blucher sabre

Requesting help dating Prussian M 1811 Blucher sabre

Hi everyone. Dating this sword has left me confused, and I'm hoping someone here can lend a hand. This was my dad's sword, a British WW2 vet, who was given it by his dad, a British WW1 vet. Where my grandfather got it is a mystery, perhaps picked up during his time in service, but as neither of them are still alive I will never know.
    What I do know, after much time spent on Google and such, that this is an 1811 pattern Prussian Blucher sabre. I've posted pictures of every mark on the sword and scabbard, and please let me know if any additional pictures will help.
    Attached Images Attached Images           

"TRAIN ABTHEILUNG VIII Armee Corps, weapon 20..." Made in the 1830's and rebuilt at least once. Also has fiscal inventory marks from the 1850's inventory...These lasted a long time in the Prussian Army, this is the batch made to replace the Napoleonic era weapons which were not as well made and worn out from use anyhow. During the 1830's there were several batches made of these fine weapons, the next batch was after the war of 1870-71...There are several specimens I have seen that were dated 1854, but I was not able to discern the makers..

Dale

They really made an effort obliterating the previous units of this weapon.

Thank you very much!

Gentlemen: The Prussians often did a very thorough job of obliterating the previous unit markings, with the scabbards, I am sure that they had to remove the throat and wood and insert a steel mandrel to do this..There is no other way that I am aware of...

Dale