Thread: Anybody have any information?

Anybody have any information?

I bought this years ago at an antiques mall. The vendor didn't know anything about it beyond what was on the label.
    The label said: "Gurkha Khukuri, brought back to Canada by a WWII soldier returning from North Africa."

Name:  20131210_101606[1].jpg
Views: 217
Size:  101.3 KB

The sheath has always looked that rough, but the blade and handle are in good shape. There are no markings on the blade.

Anything anyone can add to ID this blade would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Murray View Post
    I bought this years ago at an antiques mall. The vendor didn't know anything about it beyond what was on the label.
    The label said: "Gurkha Khukuri, brought back to Canada by a WWII soldier returning from North Africa."

Name:  20131210_101606[1].jpg
Views: 217
Size:  101.3 KB

The sheath has always looked that rough, but the blade and handle are in good shape. There are no markings on the blade.

Anything anyone can add to ID this blade would be appreciated.
    Hi
    The label had it pretty much right. It could be from the war era and was most likely bought by a returning soldier from one of the many bazaars which would have been around Allied camps at the time. I am not sure if this banded type were issued to Gurkhas in the line, some may have but if it were a WW2 bring back the bazaar is the most likely origin. They were normally well made and make good kukri.
    Cheers for showing it's always a pleasure to see a new kukri here the more the merrier.
    PARTING THE CLOUDS SEEKING THE WAY
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinions not their own facts.