Thread: FS: Couple of excellent custom kats

FS: Couple of excellent custom kats

Hi Guys,

Up for sale I have two new and unused custom katana. There won't be much negotiation on price,if you do the math with the work done, fittings and original blade cost, they are already being offered for hundreds less then paid.

First up, a blade made by Zheng Qi Ren. Chinese smith, Huawei offers his work for sale from time to time. Only drawback to this one is I have no idea what the steel is. Beautiful, choji hamon with tobiyaki (islands of temper in the Ji). This blade has a new poplar core with full same wrap, ito in brown silk and handmade copper higo fuchi kashira, all done by Aaron Justice. Menuki are antique horse theme, tsuba is an iron Paul Chen in horse theme. Has ivory silk sageo. 28" Nagasa, 11" Tsuka. Asking $700 shipped CONUS.

Next a PC Three Monkey katana redone in Tombo theme. New poplar core with full same wrap, green silk ito in hinera, done by Aaron Justice. Fuchi kashira are tombo in ishime texture, menuki are tombo. I had trouble locating a dragonfly tsuba I liked to match with the fittings, I decided just to go with a solid steel tsuba with Mt Fuji sukashi cutout, the tsuba was painted in ishime to match the fuchi/kash. Has black/green shigeuchi sageo. I believe the steel is t-10, 27 1/4" nagasa, 11" tsuka. Asking $700 but shipped CONUS.

Paypal only please. As stated there won't be much wiggle room as I am already losing quite a bit, but feel free to PM me with offers.
    Attached Images Attached Images           
    Last edited by A. Timp; 04-13-2014 at 10:39 AM.

Could you post some pictures?

More Pics of the Zheng Qi Ren...

Pics of the Three Monkey in Tombo...

The Zheng Qi Ren is on hold, how about $650 shipped CONUS for the Three Monkey in Tombo?

Let me know if the zhang qi ren becomes available. Is the blade sharp enough for cutting practice?

Quote Originally Posted by James L View Post
    Let me know if the zhang qi ren becomes available. Is the blade sharp enough for cutting practice?
    Plenty sharp for tameshigiri, I'll let you know if it becomes available again.

How about $600 shipped CONUS for the custom three monkey? Buyer adds 3% for paypal fees or sends as family/friends payment.

The Zheng Qi Ren is off hold and is again available for $700 shipped...

If someone happens to be interested in both, I'd be willing to let them go for $1000 shipped CONUS.

Dropping the Zheng blade to $650 and the PC Tombo to $550 shipped CONUS for hopefully a quick sale....

Three Monkey sold, Zheng Still available, may be interested in partial trade for a nice tanto...
    Last edited by A. Timp; 04-23-2014 at 06:58 AM.

The Zheng is sold...