Thread: Bugei Bamboo Katana

Bugei Bamboo Katana

Hey Folks,

Recently I purchased a Bugei Bamboo Katana from a fellow forum member. It is one of Bugei's original production lines dating back to when they were using Manchurian Rail Steel! It is an absolutely beautiful piece, however, as stated in the original post, there are a few minor dents in the Saya but no missing lacquer. The Tsuka is very nicely and tighly wrapped in black silk, done by Aaron Justice according to the previous owner. All fittings are tight, as is the fit of the habaki in the saya. I have decided, (very grudgingly I might add) to pass it on. It has not been used other than to clean and oil it, and a few iaido draws. The nagasa is about 28.5" and the tsuka is about 11.5", I am asking $850 US via Paypal shipped CONUS/Canada. The buyer, obviously, would be responsible for any other charges (duty, taxes, etc.)
    Attached Images Attached Images           

Sorry all,

I have had a change of heart. I have decided that I am not totally committed to the idea of selling it. Instead, I will be sinking some money into it to get some customizations done to it. I apologize for any inconvenience. Moderators, please feel free to delete the classified post. Thanks you all who had taken an interest and taken a look. I will post some pictures of it after the work has been done.

Thanks again