Thread: WW2 Japanese Arisaka Type 30 Bayonet + GI Belt Hanger Need Help Translating Japanese!

Question WW2 Japanese Arisaka Type 30 Bayonet + GI Belt Hanger Need Help Translating Japanese!

Hi, I have seen several of these type 30 bayonets in the past, but this one is different because of how it is set up.
    From what I have found it has an american belt hanger attached to the scabbard. I would usually assume that it was just added by someone who happened to have one and just stuck it on there, but this one has Japanese symbols on it. I did some research and found that the US government was converting Japanese bayonets for use with USA gear. "http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/107479-us-issue-type-30-japanese-bayonet/" But that doesn't necessairly explain why there is Japanese symbols on the US belt hanger.

Can anyone read the Japanese characters on the belt hanger? I already found that the maker is Toyoda by the symbols on the blade.

Converted at Tokyo Arsenal for the Korean War. These were issued with the Type 99 Rifles that were converted to Cal. .30 '06 for the Korean Army..

Dale