Thread: Newbie need advice

Newbie need advice

Hi everybody
    Newbie say 'hi' to all members here.
    I went to Japan for summer holiday.When visited a store that selling high end katanas, i was 'hooked' by katana since then. At that time I was 'hipnotize' by patern on the blade and now I know it called 'hamon' and 'hada'.
    Iam ready to get my first katana and need advice from all members here. Since the katana will not use for cutting, so I dont care about balance, geometry, material, etc.The most important is the katana MUST have real and prominant hada and hamon, come from well know brand and not more then US$400.I dont mind to buy pre-own katana too as long in mint condition.Any advice and offer will highly appreciate.
    Sorry for my 'bad' English.
    Best rdgs
    Teo

After searching around, I know what I want! A Bugei katana from their Exclusive line.Have to double or triple my budget but willing to do it.Now into market for a Bugei Katana( except Shobu Zhukuri)...any body willing to let go their Bugei?
    Teo

Teo, now you know what you want your best course of action would be to post a WTB (want to buy) thread in the classifieds.

Edit: I see you already did.
    Last edited by Mark. H; 09-07-2014 at 12:07 AM.

I personally would buy new, never know what stress could have been placed on used ones that the user might not disclose. Either way the Budei is a pretty good looking blade, good luck in your search!
    Katana Reviews - Quality in our weapons leads to quality in our art.