Thread: Dynasty Forge

Dynasty Forge

Hi all

I'd like to ask if anyone has any input on recent production Dynasty Forge Bushi 1095 Katanas. How is the durability? My concern is whether or not the heat treat for the blade is brittle. Also, any cutting performance input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    "We will either find a way, or make one!"
    Hannibal

Wow.. anyone? perhaps someone has a better suggestion in the $500 range?
    Hannibal

Hi,

I own a Bushi forge folded katana from Dynasty Forge. Unfortunately this might not be much help because I have never cut with mine. I only use it for Iaido. What I can tell you is that I have owned it for over 5 years and it is a great sword, I like it just as much as my Bugei blades and PC maybe more. The blade has nice curvature that helps for cutting. The handle feel very in the hands not bulky like the Oni Katana from PC (which I own). The balance on it is pretty nice as well. I have read in previous posts about the DF performance during cutting exercises and had pretty good reviews. It is nice for practice and worth the price. DF is also pretty good regarding quality issues.

Quote Originally Posted by J-M. Watier View Post
    Hi,

I own a Bushi forge folded katana from Dynasty Forge. Unfortunately this might not be much help because I have never cut with mine. I only use it for Iaido. What I can tell you is that I have owned it for over 5 years and it is a great sword, I like it just as much as my Bugei blades and PC maybe more. The blade has nice curvature that helps for cutting. The handle feel very in the hands not bulky like the Oni Katana from PC (which I own). The balance on it is pretty nice as well. I have read in previous posts about the DF performance during cutting exercises and had pretty good reviews. It is nice for practice and worth the price. DF is also pretty good regarding quality issues.

Thanks for your reply!
    Hannibal

No problem I hope it helped somewhat

Quote Originally Posted by J-M. Watier View Post
    No problem I hope it helped somewhat
    Indeed it does. BTW, does your blade have ant niku?
    Hannibal