Thread: Help with sword identification. Swedish cavalry?

Help with sword identification. Swedish cavalry?

Hello all
    Messing around in my late uncles attic I found these two swords, and I was wondering if anyone in here could help me identify them.

They are not sharp, and I can't seem to find any markings on them. After a lot of Googling I think they look alot like Swedish cavalry swords from the late 1800's. By the way, I live in Norway, so if they are Swedish that makes sense.

Any help would be appreciated!

Some pictures: (I can snap some more if needed)
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Bump...

Quote Originally Posted by sigurdbjohansson View Post
    Hello all
    Messing around in my late uncles attic I found these two swords, and I was wondering if anyone in here could help me identify them.

They are not sharp, and I can't seem to find any markings on them. After a lot of Googling I think they look alot like Swedish cavalry swords from the late 1800's. By the way, I live in Norway, so if they are Swedish that makes sense.

Any help would be appreciated!

Some pictures: (I can snap some more if needed)
    Bumping for possibility

I think they are m1888 Krags . . . from Norway! See it here: http://norskevaapen.no/?p=2188

Similar to the Swedish m1893, but it had a straight, double-edged blade and lacked the sword knot slots in the guard.

Ah, thank you!
    I can't find any markings on mine
    The dull unsharpened edge, and the missing markings makes me think I have one of the bogus ones.
    But thank you, Mark!