Thread: Fencing sword and unknown Spanish?

Fencing sword and unknown Spanish?

Went to a few shops the other day and saw a couple of interesting swords. Solingen fencing sword and a Spanish?
    Attached Images Attached Images          
    The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." --- Tench Coxe

Doesn't look like spanish to me...
    C'mon you sons of bitches! D'you wanna live forever??

Fencing foil of old type. Pre WW2 I'd say.

The other, is a form of South American Gaucho knife. Possibly 'caronero facon' is the correct term, certainly I'd call it a facon.
    Looks like it's got a bayonet blade?
    I've seen another with a finger loop somewhere. If I can find it I'll let you know.

Edit: OK here's one in this thread:
    http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=7394
    Last edited by Gene Wilkinson; 01-06-2015 at 03:40 PM.

Thanks Gene and Santiago, I do not own either sword but sometimes take photos at my friends shop. I do not collect fencing swords but thought it interesting. I felt the short sword fit with the American Spanish style. Interesting to me how the American Spanish translated the Spanish swords in back yard blacksmith shops. I know of no full time Spanish Cutlers here or South America. Most that I have seen were blacksmith shop built. Am I missing part of the story. Looking for books on the subject always. Perhaps as Javier said you have to understand the Spanish fencing style to understand the swords. Eric
    The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." --- Tench Coxe