Thread: late eagle but interesting

late eagle but interesting

After war but nice eagle. Found it in Mississippi, I did not purchase it but worth a look. The scabbard is in terrific shape one of best features. The side turned eagle and double etch style makes for a nice piece. This bird style was used for a very long time.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." --- Tench Coxe

I don't have exact dates on these but it will show as marked to Berger. The Berger family was of Alsace (were one would find Klingenthal) Mowbray lists "the mysterious Berger of Paris: and there may be more than one generation involved. The Berger Paris marked swords are usually the long keck slim eagles but as both the ketland looking and these share the same "Polly want a country" eagle, they are all likely within a decade or so, The double etch might also be regarded later but I have seen some pretty early styles sporting the same techniques.

More Berger data is needed. My Google drive folder has a number of Berger examples.
    https://drive.google.com/drive/#fold...UdTVUF5bFJKaEU

Cheers

Hotspur; My Berger sabre attached below.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Glen my friend that is one beautiful piece. Eric
    The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." --- Tench Coxe

Thanks Eric