Thread: does any one know what this is or could have been used for?

does any one know what this is or could have been used for?

Sorry for photos but they are what I have with me. I cannot figure what this was made for. It is old but seems like a sword in the beginning stages, however the hilt is or appears to be forge welded after the fact. It is of no great concern but curiosity over came me. Also does anyone recognize the eagle marking on the other one with a melted scabbard?
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." --- Tench Coxe

Interesting that it is lightning bolts rather than shafted arrows. Overall length of the curved one? Any indication of fullering on the curved one?

I do not have them with me but look a photos every few days. The mark on the shield is odd. The curverd sword or whatever it is, is at least 40 inches total maybe more I will see if I can get an exact. The eagle seems late but I just don't know. Eric
    The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." --- Tench Coxe

Might be Mexican

I will take better photos when I return home next month. The double edged blade was in a major fire and the brass scabbard is fused to it. The other thing is very old, very odd and crude. If you do not reconize the eagle I will assume it is a foreign sword of some sort. Perhaps cleaning it up a bit can reveal some marks. Eric