Thread: Greetings & some useful information

Greetings & some useful information

Hello everyone,

About myself :
    I could not find the best place to introduce myself, so I'll post here, in the forum that interest me the most.
    I am a Belgian small-time sword collector, interested in :

- Civilian & court smallswords from the 19th century (preferably with a mother-of-pearl grip)
    - Belgian swords
    - Single edged multi fullered straight bladed swords
    - Anything else that catches my eyes

Useful information
    As I have been distressed by how little information was available on Belgian swords, I started my own, modest, website.
    If you have the time, please take a look at the following non-commercial, non professional site : swordsdb.com

I hope information on this site can be useful to some of you and would welcome any constructive criticism.

Best regards,

Benoit

@moderator. Though this is a .com site, it does not advertise nor sell but only puts forward as much information possible on swords I had the pleasure of handling. Based on the forum's view on advertising, I believe this is a legitimate post. Please tell me if I am wrong.

Hello and welcome, Benoit.

The information detail that your website provides for every sword is simply amazing! The set of pictures for every item is rather impressive, too.

Just one little suggestion: I have not checked all the examples, but I think that you don't give the position of the point of balance. This is also an interesting piece of information for today's collectors, in my opinion.

Congratulations indeed!

Juan J.

PS: Perhaps you know him already, but a Belgian collector quite well-known here was Jean Binck, great connoisseur of swords. Here's his website, in case you haven't seen it:

http://users.skynet.be/euro-swords/
    Last edited by Juan J. Perez; 05-20-2015 at 06:55 AM.
    SI, SI
    NO, NON

Hello Juan,

Thank you for taking a look and for your suggestion. You are, of course, correct. The POB is one thing I did not think of specifying.

After a quick research on the net, it seems to be expressed as a distance from the cross-guard.
    I will look into this and add it for the swords that are still available to me.

Best regards,

Benoit