Thread: Hanwei Ronin Katana

Hanwei Ronin Katana

I use to collect production katanas a while back and I'm about to buy another after a few years of not keeping up.

My question : I am looking to buy the Hanwei Ronin for $899.

What are you all's opinion of the Ronin?

I like folded blades. I've had the Tori, Bushido and a few others in the past. I really liked the Tori but would like a different blade this time around.

I will not be cutting with it...it will be a wall hanger.

I got impatient and ordered a Hanwei Tiger Elite...I will take pics when it arrives.

This forum is alot less active than I remembered it being.

Well...I recieved the Tiger Elite from Kult of Athena and it was in bad shape. The Tsuba had **** marks because the black was rubbed away and there were several very bad scratches on the blade.

I have contacted KoA in an attempt to get another Katana. Hopefully, this time, there will be more QA/QC.

that's horrible to hear, I have had mixed experiences with them myself. I always loved the tiger elite, a bit on the heavier side, but if it's a "wall hanger" than all that maters is that it is beautiful, Good luck!

The Ronin is a bit lighter feeling due to the bo-hi, and you can,t go wrong with the look of the folded forged swedish powdered steel. And if you decide to cut you will be good to go with this one.

Kult of Athena gave me alot of issues after sending them the pics. He tried to tell me that the marks on the blade were from Saya rub, but that was not it at all. He offered to sending me some sanding pads to attempt to fix it but that just made me more frustrated. I do not believe I should have to re polish a blade that MSRPs for over $1500. It should come to me after good a good QA/QC process.

I just kept the Tiger though...the following day, I ordered a Hanwei Oni L6, a Practical Plus and a Hanwei Japanese Helmet from a different website.

If he would have just exercised some better buisness practices and decent customer service, he would have made quite a bit of money.

Quote Originally Posted by C. Norris View Post
    Kult of Athena gave me alot of issues after sending them the pics. He tried to tell me that the marks on the blade were from Saya rub, but that was not it at all. He offered to sending me some sanding pads to attempt to fix it but that just made me more frustrated. I do not believe I should have to re polish a blade that MSRPs for over $1500. It should come to me after good a good QA/QC process.

I just kept the Tiger though...the following day, I ordered a Hanwei Oni L6, a Practical Plus and a Hanwei Japanese Helmet from a different website.

If he would have just exercised some better buisness practices and decent customer service, he would have made quite a bit of money.
    Have you received your L6? If so, did the fit and finish meet your expectations? And did you like the service you received?