Thread: WTB: Large 2-handed sword

WTB: Large 2-handed sword

Hello everyone,
    I am interested in buying a large two-handed sword IE montante, greatsword, etc

thanks

approximate dimensions and price range? I may have something

I'm looking for something on the higher end of the spectrum (any swords in any condition will be considered though), and something upwards of 50" total length.
    Last edited by Jason W; 06-25-2015 at 08:18 PM.

I have a Del Tin Venetian Greatsword made back in the '80's it has a German Krupp steel blade. It is 64-5/8" in length. I may consider selling it for $800. Make me an offer, I will think on it.

See my custom Tinker Type XVIIIb thread. It should be EXACTLY what you're looking for.

James

Brian= I sent you a PM, let me know if it didn't go through.

Jimmy= It looks like a very nice sword, but such a nice custom piece is too nice for what I'm planning on doing with it.

Name:  001.JPG
Views: 90
Size:  73.4 KBName:  002.JPG
Views: 87
Size:  80.3 KBName:  004.JPG
Views: 92
Size:  76.7 KBName:  011.JPG
Views: 85
Size:  77.0 KBName:  008.JPG
Views: 90
Size:  80.0 KBName:  005.JPG
Views: 83
Size:  89.5 KBName:  006.JPG
Views: 85
Size:  89.7 KB

Hi Jason, here are some pics, i am sorry I did not get them to you sooner, it has been really busy. I wanted to mention that the pommel is held on by a threaded pommel nut. If you need any more pics or at a certain angle please let me know. It was a little challenging trying to photograph this beast alone, as my sis-in-law was supposed to help Please let me know what you think at your convenience. Del Tin makes beautiful swords, I love the hilt and pommel on this sword. Thanks, Brian

>P.S. I also have two hand-and-a-half swords I am thinking of parting with, they are older '80's Del-tins also, German Krupp steel and both have sheaths. I believe they are a variation of a 14-century sword...both historical working replicas.

Did this sell?