Thread: FS: Hanwei Lion Dog katana

FS: Hanwei Lion Dog katana

Hi everyone, I'm posting my Paul Chen/Hanwei Lion Dog katana for sale. It's practically brand new, bought it September of last year. It's in excellent condition with no scratches or other blemishes on the blade. Some minor rubbing on the habaki from sheathing, but otherwise no worn or loose parts or rattling. It comes with its original black sword bag, all tags and instructions. No longer have the big wooden box it came in, which was cracked upon receipt (no effect on the sword inside) and I didn't have the space to store it. This is a nice sword and I've really enjoyed having it, but I want to try and sell it to help fund a higher-end purchase. I'm sure someone out there will enjoy it as much as I have.

If you want to download a zip folder containing more photos in their original resolution, click here.

The blade is a special HWS-1S high-alloy steel that is supposed to be very strong and durable. It is differentially-tempered giving it a unique, tooth-like choji hamon. The sori is quite shallow, maybe 1/2 inch. The blade is not paper-cutting sharp (which seems to be true for most Hanwei blades,) but for tameshigiri purposes, I'm sure it will get the job done. It's quite a hefty blade, but it doesn't feel overly heavy and seems well-balanced. The tsuka ito is black silk and there is a lovely multicolored silk sageo in navy blue and drab gradients with white. All the fittings are lion dog-themed except for the menuki, which is a peony flower. The saya has a glossy ribbed section at the top near the sageo, and the rest is a matte finish with a nice buffalo horn kojiri.

Measurements:
    Overall length (sheathed) - 45"
    Overall length - 43.25"
    Blade length - 29.75"
    Handle length - 13"
    Weight - 2lb 14oz

Asking $750, payment made by Paypal, I'll cover shipping cost and fees. International orders are welcome, but shipping may be extra. Send me a PM if you have a question or want to make an offer, thanks for looking!
    Attached Images Attached Images      

No longer for sale, I've decided I want to hang onto this sword. I apologize for the inconvenience, please disregard.

Hello all,

I've decided to put this sword back up for sale, still asking $750.

There's something that I hadn't noticed before (or maybe wasn't there before.) At the tip of the blade, there is a small area where it looks like its rubbed up against the inside of the saya. I was able to get a picture of it when it picked up the light, but otherwise you can hardly see it. There are no other blemishes on the blade.

Also, I am including a nice synthetic silk sword bag made by Tracy Harden. It's black with silver dragons and some bronze colored floral motifs. Comes with a black fusahimo (tying cord.) The sword still includes its original black bag as well.

Just send me a PM, I'm looking for cash rather than trades, thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Bump, sorry I forgot about the folder to download the full size pics, I've re-uploaded it here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5...GZnSDg1UTZOaWs

If you have any problems downloading the folder or would like me to take some more pics, just let me know in a PM. Of course, if you're interested in making an offer, also send me a PM

Price drop to $725 or PM me with an offer

Bump, any interest?

It's a really nice sword in great condition, reminds me of the PPK (my first sword) but with better fittings and craftsmanship.

Bump, price drop to $700.