Thread: Paul Chen Shinto Katana

Paul Chen Shinto Katana

Does anyone own or have any thoughts on this shinken?

http://www.paulchenhanweiswords.com/shinto-katana.aspx

The nagasa is only 27" but I really like the fact that it is under 2 pounds.

I did find a review while doing a search on the forum but the review is 12 years old.

It looks like a solid choice with nice specs, but I've seen it listed elsewhere at just over 2 lb, still quite light but it needs to be considered.

Thank you for the reply! I was on this board 9 years ago and there were certainly far more people on here than now. I went on ahead and ordered one today so I will get an exact weight on it when it comes in.

I did a small sharpening job on one 3 years back. The sword was maybe 3 years old at that time so probably 6 years old from today. It was a very nice blade. Very good handling characteristics.
    Iirc it was about 2lbs maybe a bit under in weight. Very well balanced sword but bit thin iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis G. View Post
    I did a small sharpening job on one 3 years back. The sword was maybe 3 years old at that time so probably 6 years old from today. It was a very nice blade. Very good handling characteristics.
    Iirc it was about 2lbs maybe a bit under in weight. Very well balanced sword but bit thin iirc.
    Thank you for the reply Luis,
    I am looking forward to getting it!