Thread: Fs: Gendaito & Shinto? Tanto

Fs: Gendaito & Shinto? Tanto

For sale are two more from my collection. There is not much on the list of things i know about these besides that they are mumei, almost certainly ubu, and that the blades are in near perfect condition and with no flaws that I have been able to find.

The Gendaito is beautiful and hada unique with very nice full dress file marks on the nakago. Again it's mumei, ubu, and there is no arsenal stamp. i think maybe it was a pre-war blade mounted for the war but I can't say for certain it's age; many of you may know more by looking at it.

The Tanto looks to be either shinto or shinshinto. Ubu, mumei, and beautifully done. Blade has recent full polish and a lovely turnback. I had a new habaki and buffalo horn fuchi made for this by Wally Hostetter. Saya is all original and in almost perfect condition with beautiful ribbing done in lacquer. Matching Wari-kogai, and what I think is probably a mismatched but beautiful signed kozuka and signed gokatana. Original jabara-maki is still intact.

Prices include shipping CONUS fully insured. As I mentioned before I know very little about these, if you know anything that influences the price of these positively or negatively please don't hesitate to let me know!
    Many more higher resolution pictures including views of nakago and better hada pictures can be seen here : https://imageshack.us/a/6H94/1

Gendaito: $3,000
    Tanto: $2,700
    Attached Images Attached Images      

This gendaito is still available at a greatly reduced price of $1800 shipped obo
    More pictures can be seen here: https://imageshack.com/a/kdl4/1

How about an IOU for the Gendaito?

PM me and we can talk partial trades if you want
    Thanks,
    Sal

$1200 OBO shipped Looking to move it, deals are coming my way that I don't want to pass on!

Hi, could you share the nagasa and weight of the blade with us?

I'm sorry, this listing seemed to escape me. This one sold a few weeks back and I must have updated most of the post save for this one.
    Thanks,
    Sal