Thread: Scabbard Wanted for 1887 Pat Cavalry Officers Sword

Scabbard Wanted for 1887 Pat Cavalry Officers Sword

Scabbard wanted for an 1887 Pattern cavalry officers sword.Blade is slightly curved and 36 inches long. Would be happy to buy the steel or the leather covered field type

1887 Pattern cavalry sword pattern

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Harrington View Post
    Scabbard wanted for an 1887 Pattern cavalry officers sword.Blade is slightly curved and 36 inches long. Would be happy to buy the steel or the leather covered field type
    Hi, Peter. I have such a scabbard which is available. It belongs to a scruffy but intact Hamburger, Rogers & Co. pre-1900 model - so, it will fit your 36" blade.
    The scabbard is complete. One throat screw missing. A few minor dings, but nothing pronounced and no creases.
    The sword is available, too, but I'm prepared to split them.
    Let me know if you are interested.

There is also a complete 1887 with field scabbard - VR and 35" blade, so it must be 1900 or 1901. Solid hilt job, with unplated basket (in my opinion has never been plated, so for Boer War ops, I suspect). Field scabbard is steel with excellent field cover and nickel (?) chape. Original knot in place. Hawkes model with Hawkes proof mark. Blade in great order. The whole thing oozes quality.

Best wishes,

David Morrison.

Hi David,
    Sorry I have not replied immediately but I had just about given up hope of getting a scabbard for my 1887 pattern, I was actually in the process of making one. I could well be intersted in everything you mention. Could you send me photos and prices? I live in Canada, hopefully that will not be a problem. I will check daily to make sure I can reply to you asap.
    Thanks,
    Pete

Still wanting a scabbard as I have been unable to get a reply from David.
    Thanks,
    Pete

Hi David.
    Still have not heard from you, is the scabbard and sword still available?
    Pete