Thread: WTB 1868 Cavalry Lance Spike End

WTB 1868 Cavalry Lance Spike End

Hi everyone, I know this is a long shot but if you have a spike end for an 1868 Cavalry lance that is just sitting around I'd love to take it off your hands. I was able to find a Wilkinson lance head for a great price but unfortunately the spike end did not come with it.

Also if someone knows where I could even find a modern spike end, I'd consider that as well.

Thanks
    Last edited by Kev B.; 10-23-2015 at 12:26 PM.

These people:
    http://www.celticwebmerchant.com/en/...utt-spike.html
    have the Hanwei replica listed as in stock. It's been discontinued for quite some time, so might be good to check the accuracy of that before buying.

I see that the RCMP still uses the 1868 lance, so perhaps somebody still makes them.
    "In addition to being efficient, all pole arms were quite nice to look at." - Cherney Berg, A hideous history of weapons, Collier 1963.

Thanks for the reply. Not a fan of Hanwei, so I'm still on the look.

Cheers

The butt end isn't pointy or easily recognized so many probably have been discarded. i see points occasionally. Try auctions that are also online, one coming up in the UK has a complete lance and the shaft and middle leather are never found separately. Good thing is they don't sell too high as they are long and costly to ship.

Thanks for the help everyone - a solution has been found.

Kev what were you able to do?

Hey Will

I did some research and unfortunately I actually have a Wilkinson spear head that did not come with a spike end.

User J Fraser pointed me in this direction: http://www.standtallimports.ca I'm still waiting to hear back from them but I believe it will end up being the same item (Hanwei) as what Timo Nieminen posted. Not sure if I will get it as like I mentioned I am not a fan of Hanwei but there is an option for it to come in a little RCMP display case and it really doesn't look that bad for us Canadians.

By the way Will - I'm going on course in Borden ON this summer but may try do a course in Kingston in the future. If I ever do, I'd love to give you a shout and meet up for a beer.

pm sent, let me know if it went through as I cant find it on sent items

Hi Will - did not have anything in my Inbox.

Kev you have too many stored private messages it says. You have to delete some tone able to accept more