Thread: FS: Angus Trim SF Museum Store MS1504 Marshal Longsword w/ scabbard, wrap

1. FS: Angus Trim SF Museum Store MS1504 Marshal Longsword w/ scabbard, wrap

This is an update of a sword I still have, have been the only owner since ~2003 and never ended up selling.

I have a sword for sale! It is in excellent condition. Scratches, if you can spot them, are very minor and blade is sharp with no nicks. A few little tiny spots of patina but nothing really - the blade was kept oiled. I really loved this sword but, alas, I'm just in need of cash at the moment. I hope it gets a happy home in the hands of a SF member.

I also had a custom wooden/leather scabbard and leather grip wrapping made by Tritonworks. Scabbard features a silver buckle and round metal ornament. Leather color is black.

Here is the description from the original SF store I bought it from:
    --
    Name:  ms1504.jpg
Views: 591
Size:  35.3 KB

Our Susan J. Boulton entitles this sword 'Marshal' as the Marshal of England was one who was entrusted with the military affairs of a royal household.

Upon first glance at numerical statistics, the handsome Model MS-1504 may seem like a cousin to the MS-1503 Longsword, yet it was designed by Angus from the ground up to be an entirely different weapon. And it shows—moreso than just design aesthetics. The blade is slightly longer than the MS-1503, and while on paper the distal taper and profile may be similar, the subtle differences are not only visually discernable but they give this weapon a different character altogether.

This is a lighter class of longsword that surprisingly retains blade strength and rigidity as well as cutting power—which means that martial effectiveness is not necessarily decreased with lighter swords as a general rule; conversely it creates more martial applications (such as a high degree of maneuverability) that bulking and overweight swords cannot necessarily provide.

What distinguishes the Model MS-1504 from anything that Angus Trim has made so far is the unique and attractive crossguard whose utilitarian function and aesthetic beauty is fully appreciated when the sword is handled and examined from different angles. The flat wheel pommel provides a means of being gripped to provide additional leverage to swordsmanship techniques. The edge of the pommel is given a slight bevel to increase comfort when held.

The MS-1504 matches the MS-1503's excellent cutting performance, is an inch longer, and two ounces heavier. It is a bit stouter, and is geared more for the German Longsword styles, yet still works well one handed.

This sword is ideal for those who prefer maximum reach and freedom of maneuverabilitiy in a longsword without the weight normally associated with weapons in this classification.
    --

I am asking $600 shipped for sword and scabbard. Please feel free to ask any questions. Pictures coming soon.... Actually my avatar picture is the one, but I'll get nicer ones to post.
    Last edited by Jon Van Dalen; 02-23-2016 at 11:55 AM.
    "Not all tears are an evil." -Tolkien
    In memory of Don Nelson, scholar, friend, poster extraordinaire.

I'd like to see pictures. Please.

3. Pictures incoming!

Name:  FullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  96.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_6560.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  98.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_6561.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  99.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_6563.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  99.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_6564.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  96.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_6565.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  96.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_6566.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  96.4 KB

Thank you, nice piece. Someone buy this!

I'd like to buy this. Contact me please.
    Steve Ouellette

Message sent

7. Sold... forgot to update but it's sold.