Thread: Aluminium swords

Aluminium swords

Hi everybody !

My name is Adrien Garcia, I'm a french stuntman specialized in stage fencing.
    I'm glad to join SFI, I'm sure I will read very interesting posts.

I also have a little company, "Armes Garcia". I make and sell duraluminium swords. You can see my work here: https://www.facebook.com/armesgarcia/
    I'm just at the beginning... News models will be available soon !
    If you are interested or if you want informations, please feel free to send me an email !

Hope to read you soon !

Best regards,

Adrien

Welcome, Adrien. I'm sure you'll find your time here very instructive and we're always glad to have a new member.
    "Courage is fear holding on a minute longer."--Gen. George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Brock H View Post
    Welcome, Adrien. I'm sure you'll find your time here very instructive and we're always glad to have a new member.
    Such a warm welcome.

Nice stuff. How prevalent is aluminum in France these days? Is carbon steel still the norm, or is it changing?
    Freelance hack... and slash... and thrust...

Also curious about the rapier blades of yours I saw - looks like steel tang bolt attached to aluminum blade? How far up the forte does the steel extend? Is it just screwed in?
    Always curious about these, since I had some a while back that had problems with the threads stripping on the aluminum, and it looks like you're trying to find ways to work around that.
    Freelance hack... and slash... and thrust...