Thread: FS: Customized Dynasty Forge Bushi Forge-Folded Katana

FS: Customized Dynasty Forge Bushi Forge-Folded Katana

For sale is a Dynasty forge bushi forge-folded katana with no bo-hi. I bought it from Rene Bourrat a while back and love it, but need to fund other projects. It's hefty, and cuts like a dream.

"Measurements :
    - nagasa 29" 3/8
    - tsuka 11" 1/8

Tsuka-ito in katate maki with hishigami, black silk from Namikawa. Same panels lacquered in black and lightly sanded to give a greyish effect. Tiger themed fuchi, kashira and menukis in high quality silver nickel. Aged tsuba with nice bamboo and plum tree. Saya was customized by a professional that works on moto and cars, he signed near the kojiri. Gorgeous red with dark thorns, deep translucent candy effect, cherry mons in vanishing silver sparkles.

The blade has been tempered with a cloudy hamon, a lot of hitatsura is visible in shiny light. So you can hardly contemplate the hamon, but the hada is wonderful! The blade cuts very well. Aside from a slightly loose tsuba (that can be remedied with an additional or thicker seppa), it's in perfect shape.

A slew of better pictures than what I can take are here (by Rene)

https://picasaweb.google.com/1048737...shiForgeFolded

I am asking $550 (shipped free in the US (48)), but am open to offers.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Ash Welborn; 06-29-2016 at 05:07 PM.
    "When your bow is broken and your last arrow spent, then shoot, shoot with your whole heart."

Drop to $450 shipped.
    Last edited by Ash Welborn; 07-01-2016 at 02:16 PM.
    "When your bow is broken and your last arrow spent, then shoot, shoot with your whole heart."

Sold!