Thread: FS: Hanwei Yasunkuni Colonel's Gunto Blade + Tsuru Saya

FS: Hanwei Yasunkuni Colonel's Gunto Blade + Tsuru Saya

Hi guys,

I've been sitting on this blade for something like 5 years now. It's beautiful, but I'd never cut with it myself, and I don't need anymore display-only blades.

It's the blade + habaki (perfectly fit) + a new (as of 5 years ago) Hanwei Tsuru Iaito saya, with the black rayskin wrap and a sageo. Blade fits the saya fine. A little rattle, but the habaki seats nicely.

Blade is beautiful, never been cut with, and just waiting for a new tsuka + fittings + wrap. No bo-hi, geometric kissaki, really gorgeous. Hamon is out of this world. Sharp.

Hanwei doesn't make these anymore, so if you want one, now's probably the time.

Here's the Hanwei blurb:

The sword features Hanwei's own high-alloy Silicone/Manganese HWS-2S steel blade with outstanding hamon. This steel is made in Hanwei's new factory, with high-tech equipment, producing a very pure advanced-metallurgy blade with the best edge-holding capability and resilience of any blade ever produced by Hanwei.

Overall: 37 3/8"

Blade Length: 26 3/8"

Weight: 2lb 10oz

Blade Steel: HWS-2S

Price is $600 USD + shipping. I'm in Canada, if that matters.

Once again, I'm offering a bare blade + habaki + saya. I'll even throw in a sageo of your choice from the 4-5 I have on hand.

Found a review I did of it a few years back...
    http://sbg-sword-forum.forums.net/thread/31635

Thanks,
    jason
    Thanks,
    jason

How 'bout $550 USD?

Thanks,
    jason
    Thanks,
    jason

Quote Originally Posted by jblakey View Post
    Hi guys,

I've been sitting on this blade for something like 5 years now. It's beautiful, but I'd never cut with it myself, and I don't need anymore display-only blades.

It's the blade + habaki (perfectly fit) + a new (as of 5 years ago) Hanwei Tsuru Iaito saya, with the black rayskin wrap and a sageo. Blade fits the saya fine. A little rattle, but the habaki seats nicely.

Blade is beautiful, never been cut with, and just waiting for a new tsuka + fittings + wrap. No bo-hi, geometric kissaki, really gorgeous. Hamon is out of this world. Sharp.

Hanwei doesn't make these anymore, so if you want one, now's probably the time.

Here's the Hanwei blurb:

The sword features Hanwei's own high-alloy Silicone/Manganese HWS-2S steel blade with outstanding hamon. This steel is made in Hanwei's new factory, with high-tech equipment, producing a very pure advanced-metallurgy blade with the best edge-holding capability and resilience of any blade ever produced by Hanwei.

Overall: 37 3/8"

Blade Length: 26 3/8"

Weight: 2lb 10oz

Blade Steel: HWS-2S

Price is $600 USD + shipping. I'm in Canada, if that matters.

Once again, I'm offering a bare blade + habaki + saya. I'll even throw in a sageo of your choice from the 4-5 I have on hand.

Found a review I did of it a few years back...
    http://sbg-sword-forum.forums.net/thread/31635

Thanks,
    jason
    Hi Jason,

Is this in the same condition as it was the time you wrote the review?

Thanks

Pete

Hi Pete,

yep, very same - gave it a light coat of Mother's Mag to prevent any rusting and it's been sitting on my sword rack ever since.

Thanks,
    jason
    Thanks,
    jason

Thanks Jason,

To be honest, I know very little about swords. I've been looking for a traditional display item like this as a gift for an old friend who's recently gone through a lot of troubles. I was trying to think outside the box a little in order to get him something different, unique, or certainly something special that he could keep for a long time as a token of appreciation. He's always been a keen collector and an avid antique hoarder so I was looking along the lines of this sort of thing. It's certainly beautiful, and I'll be in touch if my search brings me back round this way.

Thanks

Pete

Hi Peter,

thanks for looking. It's a very nice blade, probably the most interesting hamon I've ever seen.

Price drop to $500 USD + shipping...

Thanks,
    jason
    Thanks,
    jason

How 'bout $500 USD + shipping, and I'll throw in:

2 sets of seppas, 1 set gold finished, 1 set silver finished
    2 sageo of your choice (from my mostly Japanese-made collection of 5 or so)
    Enough grade 1 rayskin to make some nice panels for a tsuka (no emperor's node, though)
    1 very nice purple Japanese sword bag

Thanks,
    jason
    Thanks,
    jason

Some pics.

Note: I didn't wipe down either the saya or the blade, so there might be a little bit of dust present.

Thanks,
    jason
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Thanks,
    jason

How 'bout $400 USD including shipping CONUS?

Thanks,
    jason
    Thanks,
    jason