Thread: WTB: solid cutter for tameshigiri

WTB: solid cutter for tameshigiri

Looking for a used blade for cutting so I can inform my iai practice. Would like something in the neighborhood of 2.3-2.4 shaku, 1200-1500 g., sub-$300. Appearance is not important; safety is.
    Thanks for any help you can offer.

I'm bummed for you that the tori being sold right now is outside your price range. I have an older tori that is still in great shape, despite me being its third owner, and it is a fantastic mid-range blade for anyone, and arguably one of the very best tameshigiri production blades for a martial artist. I am *not* a great swordsman, but that sword covers a multitude of my sins. Incredibly sturdy, very good blade geometry for cutting, and the reserved, classy iron fittings are my favorite of any production blade.

I'm bummed because I have a Swordstore forge folded katana made for batto. They make these blades specifically for batto. It has allot of niku and is very sturdy. Only, I'm selling it for $1000.

I'm bummed too! I wish I could afford a bit more because I know the Tori would be loads of fun, and the one for sale is a good deal.
    Last edited by K. Heins; 08-13-2017 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Heins View Post
    I'm bummed too! I wish I could afford a bit more because I know the Tori would be loads of fun, and the one for sale is a good deal.
    I have a new Huawei 9260 if your interested.