Thread: For sale: British Infantry 1822P Gothic hilted George IV sword with non-reg. blade

For sale: British Infantry 1822P Gothic hilted George IV sword with non-reg. blade

I offer for sale a nice unusual example of a British infantry, 1822 pattern, 'Gothic hilted' sword, the brass hilt bearing the cartouche Royal Arms of King George IV (1820 - 1830).

The sword has been fitted during it's working life with a custom non-regulation, 32 inch long, curved, single edged blade, which works well with the general balance of the weapon. Perhaps it was converted to be used as a cavalry sword?

The blade bears no markings or stamps, but retains a good service sharpened edge to it. It has a single fuller running forwards along it's back edge to a position some 6 inches from the sword tip which has a false double edge. The blade bears some pitting from previous corrosion and the grip cord and grip cover have gone, exposing the polished wood underneath.

The blade and grip are solid and firm, and the folding guard works well, the hilt intact.

The hilt appears to have been painted black at some point, but most of the black paint has gone. No scabbard.

Please feel free to request photos by PM.

Price: GBP £250+pp

Bump for this fine sword, which feels very purposeful in the hand.

The photos I have of it are too large for this site, but ... a quick PM will get you all the photos you require.

Some flexibility on price also

For sale: British Infantry 1822P Gothic hilted George IV sword with non-reg. blade

Managed to get one image small enough to show the hilt of this sword. Please feel free to send me a PM to request larger and more images
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Managed to resize a full length shot of this 1822P non-regulation bladed British infantry sword. Please find attached.

Some more images of the Gothic hilted sword.

and here are some more images of the sword hilt and blade. Feel free to make an offer.