Thread: FOR SALE: SHOBU ZUKURI KATANA (Bugei)

FOR SALE: SHOBU ZUKURI KATANA (Bugei)

FOR SALE:

Shobu Zukuri Katana
    by Bugei Trading Company

Small Imgur Album
    http://imgur.com/a/MnuTU
    More will be added later.

A big, beautiful blade in Bugei's Swedish powder steel with classic, reserved aesthetic. In very good shape with smartly assembled furniture, tight and even itomaki, and a snug-fitting saya with thick, pristine lacquer.

From Bugei's website:
    The "Shobu" Katana is a warriors blade that hearkens back to the 14th century, a strong beautiful blade in the robust, classic Shobu Zukuri style. This sword is an exceptional cutting blade as the samurai proved against the Mongol invaders where this style of sword proved more effective against the Mongol armor. This style of robust shobu zukuri evolved from the naginata/nagamaki that were renowned for their strength and cutting power. Shobu Zukuri means iris leaf, which refers to the shape of the beautifully curved kissaki.
    I am selling the Bugei Shobu with a pretty shobu tanto in spring steel that makes a nice pairing. I have had this item for years as a mantle display and it was well taken care of with little or no signs of wear. It has uncommonly refined furniture for a production piece.
    http://imgur.com/a/03IVP

I am asking $925 usd for the pair OBO, shipped UPS ground - more for rush and intl. shipping.
    Last edited by Grayson Davis; 08-09-2017 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Updated with more picture links

Updated with pictures of the shobu tanto.

Price Drop

800usd shipped for the pair. 700usd shipped for the kat alone.

Final price drop: $750usd shipped for the pair.

As another user pointed out, the tanto appears to be kanmuri otoshi as opposed to shobu.

What's the length of the katana and tanto, and handle length of each?
    "It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience." Julius Caesar

The Shobu katana is the 11" tsuka 28" blade model, and the tanto has an approximately 5" tsuka and 11" blade (including habaki - just shy of 10" not including). Let me know if you want that in cm.

Thanks. Sent you a pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson Davis View Post
    The Shobu katana is the 11" tsuka 28" blade model, and the tanto has an approximately 5" tsuka and 11" blade (including habaki - just shy of 10" not including). Let me know if you want that in cm.
    "It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience." Julius Caesar

Still available - $750 for the pair.

Bump. Still available. Make me an offer.

PM Sent

Still available.

PM Sent
    Always have a sense of humor. This is most important when it concerns yourself, it is a strength beyond all measure- Dan Millman