Thread: Prussian Fusilier Model 1860.

Lightbulb Prussian Fusilier Model 1860.

Guys: Got this one today. Rarely found in the US, as the Germans recycled this model heavily, especially in the Great war...Usually, the sellers want a lot of money for these, this one was a trade.

Dated and Cyphered made by Clemen & Jung. Marked for The 34th Fusilier Regt....Accepted in 1864, so one would think this is a veteran of the Danish and French campaigns that followed...

Dale
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by Dale Martin; 09-29-2017 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Add Pix....

Dale very nice find, I've been looking for one. Had 3 in the past but sold them and now regret it.

Will; locally there is one coming up for sale....If it turns out to be what they guy claims, I will post it here...Just think, two in over 40 years!!

Dale

And in Canada I've had 3. I know of others that have sold here. Too many hoarders.

Will, The local was a sawback Mod 1871, not pioneer model, rather NCO. I did get it. The Gray Blanket had one, but someone wanted more than I. It had a couple of near fatal defects, so I did not engage in a bidding war with the other bidders...(Sleeved for the 71/ 71-84/ 88 rifles, and the latch was ground almost flush....)

I have the scabbard but it has shrunk a bit, so I will have the fellow that does the scabbards in the US, make a new tube for me.....I have had the scabbard for years, just waiting...

Dale
    Last edited by Dale Martin; 10-03-2017 at 07:31 PM. Reason: add BS

The recent Ebay listing of an 1860 went for a good $$. No scabbard either. The three I bought years ago as I recall were about $100 ea.
    I have Wilkinson gilt brass mounts for a sword scabbard that needs the leather.